New to Lexington Area

Niz - New to Lexington Area

I moved to Lexington about 2 1/2 weeks ago, stopped by Flight Deck on the Monday and s a bunch of Jeeps outside. Looked up you up online and decided I wanted to get back into the Jeep thing. Traded in my wife's car the following week for a '07 Rubicon! This is my third Jeep and I have missed having one for years. The last one I had to get rid of because my last job had too much travel. With the new job here, travel is minimal! Will post some pictures this weekend.

Just thought I would stop in and say hello!

Last edited:
Welcome to the Area, and back into the Jeep Community .

The group of jeeps at Flight Deck would have been The Mid-Carolina Jeepers Club, We meet every Third Monday of the month @ 7:00 (next meeting 10/21), Come early and grab a bite. Look forward to meeting you.

I would definitely just run 35s unless you want to start upgrading a lot of parts in your axles. I also would suggest doing a smaller lift, 3 inches or smaller, so you won't need to bother spending money replacing control arms.

Pictures Added :)

Looking for a lift and 35's or 37's, any suggestions?
I would agree, stick with 35s or less and you will be much happier unless you want to drop a good chunk of cash on gears, chromos, steering.

there are plenty of ways to do lift your JK, After riding in a few I would say the Teraflex kit is a good option.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16190_2510_07.htm

I would head over to CFS-Offroad in columbia and see what kind of deal they can get for you on a lift kit.

If you are looking to go a cheaper route you can order one of the many 2-2.5" spacer lifts $150-300 and run 35s easily as well.

Last edited:
I would agree, stick with 35s or less and you will be much happier unless you want to drop a good chunk of cash on gears, chromos, steering.

there are plenty of ways to do lift your JK, After riding in a few I would say the Teraflex kit is a good option.

I would head over to CFS-Offroad in columbia and see what kind of deal they can get for you on a lift kit.

If you are looking to go a cheaper route you can order one of the many 2-2.5" spacer lifts $150-300 and run 35s easily as well.
I actually emailed CFS and they were the ones that said they would go with a 3" lift. I did say to them I would like to run 35's or 37's (really like the way 37's look but if is out of my price range I would let them know). Thanks for the help I will stop by there one day during lunch and discuss other options. 35's it is!

Has anyone ran or seen the Rubicon Express 2.5" budget lift? My friend had a Long Arm kit on a TJ that was awesome. I have read a lot of good reviews on Teraflex but not seen or ridden in a Jeep with a Terflex lift. My last Jeep had a ProComp lift and it was ok (I lived really close to a 4 wheel parts... Not going that way again).

I did get a hell of a deal on front, rear w/tire carrier bumpers and side rails. Picking them up this weekend. Will post new pics after I install.

Last edited:

Sevenslat 4x4, Also a vendor on this site is a Terraflex dealer. They are out of Georgia, so no Sales Tax.

A member of our club has a Black 4dr Rubi that is running the Mopar branded Terraflex kit with the fox shocks and i will tell you it rides much better than stock. I'm sure he would take you around the block if you wanted to feel the ride(not exactly a 1:1 comparison as its what 36 inches longer wheelbase but you can see the quality of the kit).

This is the kit hes running i believe.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16170_1010.htm

You get them on?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Got the Front and the side rails on. Got a guy from my work coming over tomorrow to help with the rear. He is a new Jeep owner as well & probably will come to the next meeting with me. :smile:

Lift & tires will be ordered this week!

Lift and Tires coming within the next week or so. Hoping I can get everything installed before the Toys for Tots run.

Decided to run a 2.5" Rubicon Express lift with Cooper STT 35x12.5x17

Why do people block out tags in pics? Everybody can see them on the road and there is literally know way for a civilian to look up any info based on them.