Dixie Run 2013

Some of us from the Augusta area rolled out to Dixie Run again this year at Golden Mountain Park. Had a blast as usual. I don't know the numbers, but it seemed like a lot more people than the last couple years.

My buddy Andy with the black M&M buggy was in touch with some of the other guys PJ built for and we met up with one of them all the way from Mass. for the ride. The park was pretty slick from rain the day before the event started, and I think we used the winches more than I have in the last 3 years combined, but it made for some good hammer down times.

Here are some pics of all the guys I was riding with. Link to the full album below.

Me

Andy in "Big Booty Judy" LOL

Chris (WombRaider on pirate4x4) rockin the clean TJ. He met up with us at the event and rode all weekend.

Ryan in what's left of the Cherokee

Pat (Linemen339 on pirate4x4) having a blast in spite of his Atlas taking a complete dump on him and sidelining his buggy for the most part.

David in his just rebuilt YJ

And Jake with his newly built buggy.

Full Album link
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...436.1073741830.1204367035&type=1&l=973f8b8312

And here are the 2 videos I took. Jake blasted up Bounty Hill like a rocket in the new buggy. It was a little revenge for his Jeep getting tossed 2 years ago. Woodlee followed suit in a rental.
[video=youtube;kAj1bv3OVyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAj1bv3OVyM[/video]

Last edited:
I think it's awesome. This was my 4th Dixie Run at GMP and I'm planning to do it again next year. The park has tons of trails, and lots of rock to drive over. It is slippery when wet so I'd suggest a dryer time of year if you head that way. There are a lot of bypass trails to get around the hard stuff if you head up with some milder rigs in the group. There is literally something for everyone. I prefer it over something like Windrock because you get to hit all the trails you can handle and you don't have to drive for miles (it seems) to get to them. You pull out of camp and 2 mins later you are crawling. I'd put it a close 2nd to Harlan, and that's saying a lot.

They have camping and bath facilities, but if you are going for a long weekend, I'd suggest getting bunk rooms. They are very nice, right by the racetrack near the entrance, and cheap (I think it was like $50/night). I stayed in those the first 2 times but then I guess the word got out and it's harder to get them for the big event. I'm already on the waiting list for 2014.