sway bar off center

What is the remedy for a sway bar that is off center? Can I come up with some sort of clamp and attach around the sway bar just to the inside of each frame bushing or is there something else wrong that is causing it to be shifted to one side?

What is the remedy for a sway bar that is off center? Can I come up with some sort of clamp and attach around the sway bar just to the inside of each frame bushing or is there something else wrong that is causing it to be shifted to one side?

do you have some lift and a stock front trackbar?

that is your problem. Your axle is off center and its pulling your swaybar off center. You can fix it with an adjustable track bar.

or you can "fix" it with some of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLL127-Whiteline-25MM-27MM-Sway-Bar-Lateral-Lock-Collar-/181032892157

I'm not sure what size the stock TJ swaybar is, but I know you can get similar collars for them.
the stock sway bar is 30mm or 1&3/16 I know it will need to be corrected but am I doing any more damage by driving it like it is until I can get an adjustable track bar? and what is a good brand at a reasonable cost?

I ran the JKS track bar and it did good from what i remember. I only went on like 3 or 4 trips with it though cause i blew up my 30. Currie has a nice product too, but it's way over priced.

The metalcloak looks very similar to the RE bar. and its a bit cheaper.

One note, on the Metalcloak website it says its a bolt on installation. They leave out the small detail that you have to drill out your trackbar mount on the frame just like the RE trackbar.

Looks like a good product.

The metalcloak looks very similar to the RE bar. and its a bit cheaper.

One note, on the Metalcloak website it says its a bolt on installation. They leave out the small detail that you have to drill out your trackbar mount on the frame just like the RE trackbar.

Looks like a good product.
So enlighten me here, is drilling the track bar mount out a bad thing or does it just mean that once you go that direction theirs no turning back?

So enlighten me here, is drilling the track bar mount out a bad thing or does it just mean that once you go that direction theirs no turning back?
it is not a bad thing, I was just noting that it is a step you have to do, so dont think its just a quick 2 minute bolt on procedure.

Its simple to do, just make sure you dont wallow out the hole. Installation takes maybe an hour start to finish. I used a jack to help apply pressure when I drilled mine out.

it is not a bad thing, I was just noting that it is a step you have to do, so dont think its just a quick 2 minute bolt on procedure.

Its simple to do, just make sure you dont wallow out the hole. Installation takes maybe an hour start to finish. I used a jack to help apply pressure when I drilled mine out.
got it.

Ok, I ordered a track bar today to center the front axle. I already had a set of new disconnects for the sway bar and the old links were shot so I went ahead and removed the old links. When I started to reinstall the new disconnects I noticed the wheel at full turn will rub on the new studs on the bottom of the disconnects. So, two questions, cant I simply cut off the extra stud that is not needed to help with clearance and can’t I use spacers on the wheels to move them out a little. I measured the back spacing on the wheels and it is 5.5 so they are pretty deep.