Rampage Frameless soft top questions

Sold my hard top this weekend as I just didn't like it since it's a pain to take on and off as well as store...

Been thinking I would like a full soft top rather than my half top for the winter and road trips but I have no hardware. I like the look of the Rampage Frameless top but I know Mason mentioned some issues with his. Anyone else have any experience or suggestions??

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Ordered mine from amazon. It's definitely not the quietest top or best quality, but I love the convenience of it and if it lasts a couple years that's good enough for me. I think mason got his replaced under warranty also.

Oe tops are ugly IMO. The half top just lacks room. I may try to ride in one before I buy one. The half top isn't exactly quiet so the noise won't be a big deal.

I think the Rampage top looks really good although I have never seen one up close. Look into the Bestop NX Trektop frameless softop. It looks good to me. Frameless seems to be the way to go for me if your cage will accommodate. Do you have factory door surrounds? If not, the Bestop one comes with them. The Rampage does not.

I have a set of door surrounds if you need them.

I agree with Jim about the oem style top in a sailcloth material, it's going to be the quietest and best quality usually. I replaced mine with a sun rider style top and hated it. My jeep now has a bestop supertop that has lasted pretty well compared to the other aftermarket tops. I'd sell you the frame for it if you'd want it.

I like the looks of a frameless top though. A soft top is gonna be loud regardless, upgrade your stereo and forget about talking on the phone while driving and your good.

I have the factory door surrounds. My halftop uses them. Thanks though steve.

It's really not that bad imo. I just chalk it up to being a Jeep. lol

I really like the idea of the frameless top for ease of operation and storage when you want it off. I think I will have to ride in one before I go that route though. That and they are only like $325 shipped.

Mine had a strap blow out and it took them 9 weeks since initial contact date to get me a top back. The top is supposed to be a good bit quieter on a early model tj cause the header bar doesn't fit as well on the 03 and newer tjs.

Honestly I only had very minor issues with the top. One of the back straps broke and one of the windows flip under things broke. I drug it across quite a few trees and you would have never known it had been across them.

You really can't beat the design of that top though. It's so nice to not ever have to change tops and all you have to do is put windows in to go from a full top to a bikini top.

My parents are bringing me my warrantied top today so well see how impressed or unimpressed I am with the service.

You really can't beat the design of that top though. It's so nice to not ever have to change tops and all you have to do is put windows in to go from a full top to a bikini top.

That's the biggest plus for me. The current top is top is sorta a pain to put up but its also very nice to not have parts laying around to store after you take it down...

I too have looked into the rampage top mainly for summer use. In the winter I just leave the hard top on. But i want something in the summer I can have on instead of going topless all the time. I've got caught in the rain a couple times this summer, no fun...

Ive had experience with both the Trektop and the Rampage. My brother had the rampage on his first Jeep and my dad has a Trektop. They both have their advantage and disadvantages. The Rampage uses no hardware at all but you need to have the door surrounds and rear window bar. The Rampage has a place to put the windows when you have them off whereas the Trektop does not. The Trektop comes with everything as if the Jeep never came with a top. Comes with door surrounds, window bar, and upper hardware. The Trektop also uses the Sunrider option so you can just fold the front part back and since it uses some hardware it is a lot stiffer and quieter then the Rampage. My dislike with both of them however is that there are much more of a pain to take on and off then a factory top, plus you have to have a place to put it if you decide to take it completely off. Like a hard top I find myself planning the days I take it off unlike with the factory top I could put it down when I felt like it and throw it back on when I needed. If I had a TJ I'd rather have a factory top and hardware. Its easier to take on and off and the top is always there if you happen to get caught in the rain. Just my 2 cents.