Forest Falls Scale Challenge September 15th

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 15th. DRIVERS MEETING AT 8:00AM

$5 entry per class

This includes lunch. We are not sure what lunch will be yet but I will announce it soon.

This comp will be located near Prosperity, SC.

Here is where we will be meeting Sunday Morning

http://goo.gl/maps/430nX

Drivers Meeting starts at 8:00AM with the first runs at 8:30. Have your truck Registered before 8:30.

We will be using the rules we have been discussing in this thread:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sout...e-rules-scoring-judging-teams-discussion.html

There will be 4 Events. 2 (20 gate) Trail run obstacle courses, a hill climb, and a sled pull. We have streamlined our scoring and courses and this would should go much smoother than this past comp.

One of the courses has some water on it as seen in the pictures below. Its not much more than what you encountered at the River Runner Comp, but I just want to warn you. Yesterday we tested all of the water areas with Roberts stock electronics honcho and nothing was too deep. I would say nothing is deeper than hub deep if you stay on the trail.

This event will be scored individually, but we will have pairs running that are welcome to help each other. I will explain more soon.

We'll be using the SORRCA rules ( SORRCA.com ) for scale points, you will get bonus points toward your final score for having scale looks.

We will be running Class 2 and Class 3 at this event. If there is enough interest in class 1 we will look into it, but in the past it has not been more than 1 or 2 people.

If you have a question about your rig and whether it'll be allowed to run, please PM me NOW so we can sort it out or clarify anything prior to you getting out there.

Stuff to bring:
Trucks, transmitter, batteries, charger, and spare parts!
Bug spray
Sunblock.
Drinks
Cameras!
Lawn chairs if you would like to sit on something.

Now for the somewhat serious part. All entrants will need to sign a waiver. We don't expect anything to happen, but just in case...

Also, should you cause problems for others, you may be asked to leave. We're trying to keep this fun, and we don't want anyone to ruin it for others. In short, don't be a dick or throw a temper tantrum, and we'll all be fine. This is a family event, and there will be kids there, so make sure yours are under control as well. This is private property, everything we bring in goes with us when we leave.

There is a great field there on the property, if anyone wants to camp friday night you are welcome to come out and enjoy the wooded area and camp.

Here are some pictures from the trails.

DSC_3224.jpg

DSC_3222.jpg

DSC_3227.jpg

If you plan to come please post up with what class you plan to run.

I will update this thread if anything changes.

Updated Drivers List:
Class 2
skerb
jeepman1979
Ajppsc
cykb4117
wilbywise
2003edge
slashkiller
crawlininga
Vader2728
ranger00348
marlboroman
thuryat
Thetinman85

Class 3
goatsniper
Fritzn19
Bigjon
Vader2728
Hatefulboy
Six Sigma
Smokinloon

Last edited:
Damn looks like y'all did a good bit of cleaning up on that trail! Y'all gonna crawl anywhere else? Or just there?

Where the closest beaver damn was there is a pretty cool spot to play in the creek if y'all get bored after the comp

Damn looks like y'all did a good bit of cleaning up on that trail! Y'all gonna crawl anywhere else? Or just there?

Where the closest beaver damn was there is a pretty cool spot to play in the creek if y'all get bored after the comp
one course is in the creek, the other is in that ditch next to the entrance road on the left.

I'll have to check out the creek when we are there.

01tj

Is that on your land Mason?

Sweets sounds fun, hate that I'm missing it.

And yeah Marcus where those pics were taken is actually a pretty cool little trail in a jeep. If it had more tires on it I feel like it could be something pretty difficult.

Sweets sounds fun, hate that I'm missing it.

And yeah Marcus where those pics were taken is actually a pretty cool little trail in a jeep. If it had more tires on it I feel like it could be something pretty difficult.
after walking it last weekend after clearing it and driving it when we went out there in march, I dont think it could be that difficult, at least that part of the creek, its just to flat. Fun, but not really difficult.