TJ rear shock outboarding, need folks input.

Well I am looking at rear shock outboarding options for my TJ and I am thinkning about using the Ford F250 mounts or building my own. I looked at other kits from Genright and Poly but, they all seemed to be setup for coilovers and they're expensive. If anyone has outboarded their rear shocks I would like to hear what your solution was. I would like to hear anyone's 2 cents on the topic, let me know what you think.

Either will work as long as you french the ford mounts into the frame. I have the genright set up in the rear running 15" BBCSs and all I had to do is cut different spacers than the ones for the coilovers that come with the kit. I've got the ford mounts in the front and they aren't a bad deal for about $32 from a dealership. I've got these set up in place of the factory shock tower behind the front coil mount and they work fine. Not sure what axle/wheel back space set up you are running, so not really sure on how much room you have to play with.

Brooks has it done. We are doing mine in a few weeks. Im using the f250 mounts and some lowers from Ballistic fab at a whopping 99 cents a piece....Ill let you know the end results if you like..

Brooks has it done. We are doing mine in a few weeks. Im using the f250 mounts and some lowers from Ballistic fab at a whopping 99 cents a piece....Ill let you know the end results if you like..
That would be great, just what I am looking for.

Thanks to everyone so far. I appreciate all the input and suggestions.

yup, I did mine with the f250 shock towers a few years back. They work so well there it looks like it was meant to be there. I dont think I even have any pictures of my setup but i'll see if I can find one or i'll snag one when I switch back to my ATs this week.

I noticed a definite improvement in stability when I did mine, and also I eliminated the long shock bottoming problem I was having.

I used the F250 mounts on mine to. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I owned a TJ again. The thing felt more stable. I have never even looked at kits because the F250 solution is there and cheap. Just take your time cutting the frame and fitting the mounts in. After that it looks stock.