Look What Followed Me Home

The big 4runner I had is gone.
4runner80.jpg

I traded it today for a 1994 Toyota Land CRuiser. with factory front and rear lockers :) IT rides on 285/16s with 3 inch lift on it. I have to clean the heck out of it, but it will get a set of sliders and rear bumper/tire carrier for it. I am going to wheel it a bit till I get teh M38a1 up and running, then it will be used more as a tow rig. :)

lc3.jpg
lc4.jpg
lc2.jpg
lc5.jpg

The Crusier came from Virginia. The guy drove it down and met me in Florence to exchange rigs. He was originally gonig to trailer it down but the traielr hitch on his truck ripped off theframe, so he drove it. I will say the ride back for him with the 4runner is not going to be as comfy.

Last edited:
So far, whenever the rains decides to end, i can go throguh it and clean the hell out of it. It sure is dirty. I have numerous cosmetic things to do since I am OCD. But i am gonig to keep it as is. I like the stance. When i put a rear bumper on it it will level out. I will wheel it a bit but I want to concentrate on the jep project and this will tow it around :)

Becareful if ya decide to beat on it, those rear axles with the elocker are weak by design. When the rear engages it only grabs a little bit of the end of the axle shaft and doesnt get full spline engagement. Even with Chromos. Looks good just a heads up.

Not going to beat it up much, But where did you hear abotu the weak axles I havnt seen anything bout the 80 axles being weak?

Well it is road legal now. I need to address the rattling cat covnerters. They may have to go away. ;)

I had bought a set of 80 axles to use before my one ton swap so I researched alot. Also i called slee off road (cruiser axle guru) to purchase his high steer set up and he informed me also of the rear axle issue and didn't recommend going over a 37" tire. So thats when I sold the cruiser axles.

OK. I dont plan on going over 37s. I may go up to 35s. but that is the limit. I need to be able to change a tire. anything bigger is too frickin heavy hahahaha

I had bought a set of 80 axles to use before my one ton swap so I researched alot. Also i called slee off road (cruiser axle guru) to purchase his high steer set up and he informed me also of the rear axle issue and didn't recommend going over a 37" tire. So thats when I sold the cruiser axles.
Only really an Issue with the e-locked rear. A non-locker center and detriot would fix all of that and probably not cost much after the e-locker sold.

Only really an Issue with the e-locked rear. A non-locker center and detriot would fix all of that and probably not cost much after the e-locker sold.
Yeah it's a design flaw, the colar that slides over then end of the shaft one actuated only grabs a small section of the shaft, no where near full engagement. Slee said even with chromos it will sheer then end of the shaft off. But yeah, I think a non-elocking 3rd with a Detroit would be a nice set up.