O.s.c.a.r.3 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a great time at oscar2, being it was my first event with a lot of new people it was very well planned out and ran very smooth. That being said was wondering if we have looked into having oscar3 at a different location.. Harlan is a great time but there is a lot of people that only get to do 1 or 2 big rides a year and there is good bit of parks in the area that people have not seen.. In the last club I was in the more people we got to go to new places the more interested they get in the sport which in turn get more people involved..

I been to Harlan twice, once is rained the whole time and second time with for Oscar and I feel that I have seen/wheeled all he stuff that interests me..Not saying i will never go back would just like to see more places before go back..I also feel that for some of the people on the forum that don't have tons or buggys there is not to much to do..I could be wrong but that just my outlook..

thoughts?? Suggestions ?? Are you looking for more people to step up and help for the event?

01tj

I agree with you 100 % percent. I'd love to have a crowd like we had at OSCAR2 at another park in April 2014. I brought it up last time but seems like Brooks had his mind made up. It's probably about time to start some planning for OSCAR3. I think that attendance will fall off if its the same old thing every year. There is a ton of places out there for an event of this sort. Like I said last time this event will get some people to a park they would normally not go to.

It wasnt just me that said Harlan would be a good candidate for OSCAR3. Throw out some other options and lets discuss the details here.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I like windrock, but unless we could get a serious group discount, it would be too expensive. I dont know much about golden or adventure, and isn't morris pretty small?

01tj

I like windrock, but unless we could get a serious group discount, it would be too expensive. I dont know much about golden or adventure, and isn't morris pretty small?
Its a couple hundred acres I think. Its a ton of fun though!!

Yall go to morris mountain every year for RBD, I dont see a reason to have OSCAR there as well. And it has very little for stock rigs to have fun on.

Golden mountain looks a little more promising for trails for all sizes than adventure. But I don't know much about either. Moris would be the shortest drive for me. But everyone has been there the past year so we would loose attendence :flipoff2:

01tj

Yall go to morris mountain every year for RBD, I dont see a reason to have OSCAR there as well. And it has very little for stock rigs to have fun on.
Just because 2 or 3 people on this forum goes to RBD dont mean you cant have OSCAR there, but I knew that idea would get shot down..... I know we need to accommodate for all size rigs, but I don’t think we had anyone with under a 35" tire last year..... If you had to choose another park for it to be at which would you choose?

01tj

Take a look at this thread again.

http://www.offroadsc.com/showthread.php?3320-OSCAR-3-(2014)-Discussions/page2&highlight=oscar

Matt and Nick were both down for keeping it at Harlan. I think windrock would be the second choice purely because of the trails available.

I think keeping at harlan as an annual ride is the best choice though. that keeps it consistent and people know its coming up and can plan for it every year.
Maybe they will chime in this time because I've heard other opinions recently....

01tj

I'm with this guy.
Word, I guess I'll stick to my plan like in the other thread. If I feel the need to goto Harlan/ OSCAR3 I will, if not I'll goto another park. Are dates set yet? Also like I said in the other thread if I could make it to Shamrock Run in March and then OSCAR in April then that would work for me....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.