July 17th park conditions update

July 17 Park conditions. Well we got one day in a row of no rain however we are real wet. It will take days to dry out completely. All of our silt ponds are over flowing, flood waters are trapped and we have very deep water covering trail sections. The ground cannot suck up any more water. We are depending on evaporation. If it continues to rain daily we will not be able to open as water levels will not change. I am going to the park Thursday to check on conditions.

Then there is the weather predictions for the weekend. I monitor 4 weather sites and they are all over the place. One says no rain Saturday, one says 10% chance of rain, one says 40% chance of rain, and one says 50% chance of rain starting at 9AM.

We want to open but it will most likely be a last minute thing. I guess the best bet is to stay tuned to my posts or call but right now I cannot make a prediction as to open or not. 864 449 5698

July 19-20 WE WILL BE CLOSED this weekend. The bottom of the park is in the worst condition I have ever seen it. The easy trails I drove (or tried to drive) caused me to get stuck or almost stuck several times. For those of you who were here during our President's day run know what it is like. Only difference it was not raining today. The bottom is absolute slop and in bad need of repair. But mostly it is in bad need of 4 or 5 dry days with no rain.