Saturday with the Ultimate Adventure

Sunday July 7th once again we are closed with a flooded bottom.

Also I now can shed some light on other matters that happened at the park on Saturday. The Peterson's 4wheel and Off Road Magazines Ultimate Adventure is over for 2013. We were very proud to have been asked to host the final leg of that event. Here is a little back round on the 12 years of the Ultimate Adventure. They have very strict rules when they choose a park to tour and they have stuck with those rules for 12 years. Number one if they choose your park you must be closed to the public. No spectators and no other vehicles to be injected into the tour. Park owners are not allowed to advertise their coming, sell tickets or let any unauthorized personnel into the park. We are not even allowed to acknowledge their coming before hand. When Gulches was selected I explained to the event coordinators that if the park had good weather I could not, would not close the park and therefore we would not be a part of their event. I did explain that we are a different kind of park and that I have a loyal group of rangers who can cordon of each area of the park the Ultimate Adventure vehicles would be on and keep spectators and vehicles out of their camera views. We have done this many times before. This was my line in the sand. With good weather I cannot tell our loyal supporters that we are closed it is hard enough to close and disappoint folks when we have bad weather. They agreed but it was all moot as weather did not co-operate and we were closed anyway. The river rose and the bottom flooded. But the Ultimate Adventure runs rain or shine and we were their last stop. We used upper trails only and no damage was done to any of the easy trails. Magazine and video coverage is important to all off road parks and I am looking forward to how our park is displayed in up coming publications. The Ultimate Adventure folks were wonderful to be with and very appreciative of the help from our staff. For those of you who thought they may have been able to come watch I am sorry we could not permit that. I would have loved to have advertised and allowed spectators. But their rules not mine.