Han-gry

Hi guys. My name is Mike Burr. I have a 2012 Rubicon. It is stock right now, but hoping to soon put a lift on and a few other mods. Not sure where to start. Hopefully will get good advice from this site. Looking to learn as much as I can.

I would post some pics if I knew how. You can see my pics on the wrangler forum under the name mikeburr.

I recently joined the Mid-Carolina Jeepers Club. Great bunch of guys with lots of knowledge. Hope to see you on the trails.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site, and the club.
Plenty of knowledgeable people on here, and in the club.
You have tons of options, just take your time, figure out what it is that you want to be able to do, ask lots of questions, do your research, and you'll be fine. Lift, tires, bumpers, recovery, upgrades are littered with options. The great thing about a Jeep is that it's personal. You build to suit your needs, and it's not a cookie cutter copy.

It was great meeting you at the May meeting. For a JK, a good first mod is a bumper. Most people JK guys seem to break the bank buying bumpers, but i think this warrior products one looks pretty good. Some people may disagree. Also don't ever buy from smittybilt if you can help it, because their known nickname is shittybuilt.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-...out&ppcfon=1&gclid=COK-4ryG9bcCFbTm7AodZW0ATA

A small lift (under 2.5 inches) works great on JKs. You can clear 35 inch tires with it, which would pair up nice with those axles you currently have under the jeep. I know people swear by the ride quailty of OME lifts for TJ's, so i'm sure they have the same reputation on JK's. But there product is extremely expensive for what it contains.

Last edited: