A little build advice needed...

I keep changing my mind on what i want to do with my TJ build. I have a couple options just need to figure out what would be the best for my budget and overall performance. I have ownership of the 44 and 8.8 and will have the elocker whenever i go back to Clemson. And tires are getting picked up friday.

Front axle - waggy 44
Rear axle - ford 8.8 or toyota elocker 8

If i run the 8.8 in rear i'll go 5.5 and 5.13s but if i go with the toyota 8 i'll stay 6 lug and 5.38/5,29.

I cant decide if i want to run short arms and throw the 8.8 in to keep it simple and lower the cost, or link it with most likely the toy 8 or use the 8.8 i have. I have iron rock 4x4's simple 8.8 swap kit so when i get them burned in it will bolt back in my jeep with short arms or can be used for a 4 link. I bought the kit in the first place after coming across the elocker rear to sell and make some $$$ off of, but got to thinking about running it and keeping the 8 for another 1st gen later.

I'm running 37 krawlers and want to keep it low, everything else is up in the air. This is a 2.5l TJ btw. What do ya say i do?

I'm trading something to get the elocker rear, just need to do the transaction. I could also throw it in my DD tacoma.

Ive literally changed my mind 1000 times, i thought about selling everything yesterday and buying a diesel vw gti.......

I would continue building the jeep, I think you will miss it if it is gone. How about this option. Weld the brackets on 8.8, bolt in rear with short arms, upgrade to long arms down the road. Put waggy 44 in front, and do three link with pan hard, notch the frame , and you have tons of clearance in front of the motor for uptravel/ keeping it low. Throw elocker in taco, you now don't have to drive a built jeep down the road for mild trips like ure or beasley knob.

Would i not hate it being long arm front/ short arm rear? how would that drive together? Brooks ran it like that for a short period of time i believe, and when i was talking to casey about short front/long rear he told me to do the opposite. Im sure later on i'll want to stretch the rear and i can do that when i can afford to.

Johnys vs. Heims for joints.....david keeps tellin me heims, http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=444

There is a guy in our group with a 97 TJ on 35's 8.8 with detroit and waggy 44 up front with 4.88 gears. one of the strongest most reliable rigs in the group, Great setup. You could even go cheap, and spool the front 44 since it is easy to covert to manual locking hubs and be locked front and rear, but not loose any on road driveability.

There is a guy in our group with a 97 TJ on 35's 8.8 with detroit and waggy 44 up front with 4.88 gears. one of the strongest most reliable rigs in the group, Great setup. You could even go cheap, and spool the front 44 since it is easy to covert to manual locking hubs and be locked front and rear, but not loose any on road driveability.
What suspension is he running?

I already have hubs for it and found a welded carrier for the 44, but i'd rather run open then with a welded front, i just hate how they are on the trail, turning sucks. Im gonna try and find a set of cheap 35-37s to put on some alum rims to keep the krawlers alive and for running around on the road.

D, I read over his build at one point after we were talking at school about it but i forgot what you liked about it so much? Its not turbod is it?

I think he is planning a turbo, but the whole build is badass. Take a look at the front suspension though. He notched the frame mini truck style, allowing the axle to tuck up into the space in front of the motor. It's some damn impressive packaging.

By the way I got some aluminum rims for ya cheap.

Ya i read his thread last night and it looks pretty sick. Thing sure is ugly tho.

Im gonna price out brackets and all today and see whats up. What rims are you talking about? Im gonna run 5 lug now i believe.

Oh ya I forgot about that. I got those 6 lug bullet holes. What you need to look for is a set of 16.5's then you can get some cheap humvee tires for street duty.

Waiting game i suppose. Every time i go home to work on it, i get hit with other things that need to be done, and no free time to do anything. She runs just needs to be tidied a bit with some wiring and find where it keeps shorting out at. Scored a couple deals on some things just kind of waiting. Need to finish welding the brackets on the 8.8 and get the gears and 6 lug shafts, getting a front 44 already geared with brackets and steering and mini spool. Would love to long arm it, and down to road i will but im just trying to get it wheeling and driving again, then accumulate stuff. I realized how much i havent driven it in the past 4 yrs and figured i either needed to get it back rolling by end of summer or sale it. I get so burned out on even wanting to mess with it sometimes i just dont mess with it. After selling my rear 44 and a few other things i had, i wont be to far into it $$$ wise and have a lot more capable and over all stouter rig.

Overall it will be waggy44/8.8 5.13s minispool/undecided on currie lowers. Gotta build a front upper with a joint on axle end and get a new tracbar and it will be done. Rear needs uppers and tracbar but i have a line on it. Also need to call up Carolina driveline and order an SYE/driveshaft, he usually charges about $350 correct?

Want to run 17s on 35s because i eventually want to run 37s, dont feel like buying rims twice, and 17s are bling. UNLESS, i can talk casey mac into selling me his 35 krawlers :D

I think Brooks has a 8.8 rear drive shaft for sale....If for some reason you need a Dana style, I have my pre-stretch SYE type rear drive shaft laying around my garage as well.