Rear 4link on a yota..... Anybody interested???

Maybe not the right section to post, but anyway, looking for somebody interested in doing a 4 link kit on a Toyota. Gonna buy the trail-gear kit, so it looks simple, but I Dnt have time to fool with it. Anybody in the upstate/Anderson area withing to do it and do some tube work for the *** end????? Not looking for nothing wild, but fairly simple. Looking to get this done towards the end of the month.

I am a fan of a lot of what trail gear makes, but there 4 link kit is garbage, stay away from it, get some one like Matt at performance or tommy Glenn to set you up a custom one.

I'll give you those. Honestly, most 4-links I've seen on Toyotas don't appear to have very good geometry. I haven't run the numbers, but most seem to have pretty high anti-squat. I've got creeper joints on my lowers in the Jeep and, while I haven't had any problems with them, I don't like them. The main issue for me is that the bodies are too wide and limit misalignment. I've also read about people blowing the sides of the seals out by pushing too much grease in. I'll swap to heims when I need new joints. Only reason I'm running these is that I got them for $25 each.

http://www.4wheelunderground.com/ These guys have great geometry out of there kit. It is a little bit out of the norm in the manner it mounts, but good strong pieces and great geometry. It would be the only kit I would consider for a toyota, If not this then I would buy generic brackets from Barnes or Ruffstuff and build my own link set up.

http://www.4wheelunderground.com/ These guys have great geometry out of there kit. It is a little bit out of the norm in the manner it mounts, but good strong pieces and great geometry. It would be the only kit I would consider for a toyota, If not this then I would buy generic brackets from Barnes or Ruffstuff and build my own link set up.
You think that's a good design with the lower links on the axle above the centerline of the axle??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

01tj

I wouldn't trade my link suspension for any set of leaf springs. In my opinion its going to be hard to get the geometry you want from a kit anyways.

It wouldn't be very hard to change the geometry of that kit. It's very well made also. Hanleys looks great with it IMO. Geometry seems fine but his links are pretty short.

You think that's a good design with the lower links on the axle above the centerline of the axle??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
Yes. It's not the normal way to do things, but the links have more leverage over the axle reducing axle hop, and by raising the lowers it gets them flat for a nice roll axis.

That could very well be the most retarded 4 link setup I have ever seen. No need for the lowers to be on top of the axle and then in return placing the upper so high. Good god man your ride height would have to be ridiculous so the upper bracket didn't hit the frame. Buy the trail gear kit and put it on. I have seen several and they work just fine.