Myrtle Beach JKU

Hey ya'll!

I have to start out with a confession.

I bought a '13 Jeep JKU with every intentions of mall crawling it home stock. I sort of bought it on a whim. After the purchase I started doing some research (probably should have done that first) and quickly learned how capable these vehicles. Also how much more capable they can become after being modified.

And thus the addiction began.

I've got my 35" MTs on it with a 3" lift and about $26k of my fun money planned out for future improvements.

I'm looking forward to getting some experience at some near by OHV parks, but I really want to take my family out on some longer expedition style trips.

I am hoping to make a drive out west in the next 3-5 years.

Thanks for creating a place for all of us SC folks to get together. I look forward to meeting everyone out on the trails.

Pete

welcome to offroadSC and to the jeep community as well. The JKUs are very good candidates for family wheeling rigs and big enough to pack a lot of gear into. Hope to see you on the trail sometime!

Welcome to the forum, lets see some pictures of the JKU!!
Man! I'd love to share but I just can't seem to figure out how to post pictures from my phone or iPad.

If your really ambitious you can google "phillypete jeep" and you'll find pictures I've posted elsewhere.

Welcome to the forum man. Sounds like you got a good budget to build up a really nice jeep. If you haven't already I would look into reinforcing that front axle, especially look at the artec lower bracket skids, they like to fold up.

Welcome to the forum man. Sounds like you got a good budget to build up a really nice jeep. If you haven't already I would look into reinforcing that front axle, especially look at the artec lower bracket skids, they like to fold up.
I'm actually planning on a swap at some point. Whether I go with a 44 or go all in with a full 60 setup depends on how much and what kind of wheelin I get into. With that in mind I'd like to minimize the investment in the 30 since IMO it's just a place holder. If I taco the thing between now and then, I guess I'll have to bump it up my build schedule.

Seems like alot more Myrtle Beach area interest lately. Perhaps we Columbia area guys need to come cruise the strip this summer. Welcome to Offroad SC.