New in SC

Hi guys , I arrived new to Columbia SC, I want to know more about offroad trails , but first I need to buy my offroad ride :smile:
What is good places to find one in columbia and what you recommend ?

Thank you

I am looking for jeep, I am looking for jeep not older than 2000 and with good condition and Cheap :) , I can not buy new one it's expensive.
Do you know if there is trails near Columbia ? and offroad groups in Columbia?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
There's a dealer on Hwy 378 between Lexington and Saluda called Cathy's that always has a lot of TJs and Cherokees, but they are not cheap. The best way to find one cheaper is watch Craigslist and forum classifieds.

Mid Carolina Jeepers meets monthly in Lexington. Check us out in the clubs section.

Bought my tj in march. Guy just didn't have it advertise right. Jimbo found it and I had to have it when it got here.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting on the crapper

Thank you guys for your posts, I can wait until find good vehicle with good price, in the same time I will start contact the groups in my area to get more details , before I used to drive in sand (desert), do not have experience with mud.

I've got a rig for sale, 1995 explorer, some inches of lift, locked front and rear , 33x10.50 BFG mud terrains. Anybody who has seen this thing knows that for some unexplained reason it works and is very reliable. Everything works: AC, cd changer, auto headlights, power everything.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367774306.982719.jpg

Will embarrass alot of stuff and then drive home, Everytime. We have owned it for 11 or 12 years. Two owners with all the original documentation.

Not trying to push mine, but why the 2000 and newer rule? That is going to keep you from alot of good vehicles. I try to buy wranglers back of 2000 to keep them from having coil packs. Hell toyota hardly made a worth a crap vehicle after 99. Also 98 was the year of the awesome 5.9 limited grand cherokee.

I think if I get vehicle not very old I can use it for long time , for example 2005 Jeep , that's mean only 8 years old , I can use it for another 5 -7 years or little more before it become very old and difficult to fix and find spare parts. toyota is very good car, before I used to have Toyota Prado 2001, it was great SUV. but I could not find the same model here in US 51260d1193189276-toyota-land-cruiser-prado-2001-prado-2.jpg

Nice prados are awesome. If you liked it I would recommend a good used 80 series. A Lexus gx is prado based as well if you are hung on something being newer.