4th of July trip

I talked to Marcus about this, but how about a 4th a July wheelin trip to Golden Mountain?? Only 17 min farther than harlan. Figured drive down on the 4th since its on a thursday, and stay till sunday.

01tj

I talked to Marcus about this, but how about a 4th a July wheelin trip to Golden Mountain?? Only 17 min farther than harlan. Figured drive down on the 4th since its on a thursday, and stay till sunday.
I just looked agian its 27 minutes farther but I'm down. Who else would be interested?

Talked to Marcus and Robbie tonight. Since our Memorial day trip fell thru and the summer is looking mildish so far....(knock on wood). I am wanting to ride somewhere...SOON!

4th of July week is good for me as it's my Summer break. I'd love to do a trip.

My choices of parks for this trip are (in order of preference):

MMORV/CHOC.
New parck in Chat. TN. Adventure Offroad Park
Golden Mt.
Windrock

My reasoning is I can pull double to the first two but will have to roll single to the second two due to my trucks brakes. Can't justify $500 in brakes just to tow two at this point. My brakes got glazed last double tow to Harlan and I don't really have the money to throw at what's perfectly fine for towing single for 30K more miles and DD'ing.

01tj

Why not? Great group. I know of one guy thre that will have an LJ and one that will have a TJ I think. A friend from here might go up and bring his blazer. It's always a good time.
I'd just rather go somewhere other than Harlan, since we just went there in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im ready to see other parks, alot of them are closing down. I prob be able to make a ride for the 4th. I would like to do different park other than Harlan for a big fall ride in oct.

Would love to go but that's 6 and a half hours of driving for me. That's a lot of diesel fuel. I think I'll save that money for my axle swap.