Looking for some advice.

:confused:Ok, I think I’m ready to move forward with a lift and tires for my 98 TJ. At the present moment I am on 30x9.5 BFG ATs that have seen better days and stock suspension in the same condition, automatic trans. 3.73 D35 with limited slip and D30. The rear does have USA Alloy Chrome Molly axles and the front is stock but I would like to have a locker in the front at some point. Here’s what I want to do for now. Install a 2” BDS suspension lift with springs and shocks and sway bar disconnects and I would like to go with 32” tires, but I don’t know if it will kill my power on the road with the 3.73 and will the axles hold the 32s. If not 32s I’m thinking 31 also with the 2” lift will I need anything else like adjustable track bars and the like? About my stile of driving, I am not interested in hard core bolder hopping but, I do like to explore new trails and back roads. Any input will be great.

:confused:Ok, I think I’m ready to move forward with a lift and tires for my 98 TJ. At the present moment I am on 30x9.5 BFG ATs that have seen better days and stock suspension in the same condition, automatic trans. 3.73 D35 with limited slip and D30. The rear does have USA Alloy Chrome Molly axles and the front is stock but I would like to have a locker in the front at some point. Here’s what I want to do for now. Install a 2” BDS suspension lift with springs and shocks and sway bar disconnects and I would like to go with 32” tires, but I don’t know if it will kill my power on the road with the 3.73 and will the axles hold the 32s. If not 32s I’m thinking 31 also with the 2” lift will I need anything else like adjustable track bars and the like? About my stile of driving, I am not interested in hard core bolder hopping but, I do like to explore new trails and back roads. Any input will be great.
if you can get away with 31s your power will be better with them. I ran 32s with 3.07s for a year or so when I first got my jeep and it was managable. I think you would be happy with either tires, but if you can get by with 31s I would do it.

I ran 35s on 373s and it was sufficient. Alot depends on the weight of the tire. My 35 kevlars were significantly lighter than my 33 trail grapplers and it pulled them better even though they were bigger. Bds is alot of expense for a name. I always recommend the 2.5 rough country with the progressive rate coils. It's like 299 for the whole shebang

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
OME lift if you want a nice ride and will spend the money for BDS...

Since you have an auto, I'd stick with 31s also. That's what I have and it already shifts out of OD more.than I would like.

He hasn't said whether or not it is an auto or manual. If its auto it has no overdrive and will never downshift. That one I had of Harvey's has plenty of go with 32s and 307s and the 3 speed.

Don't have any input on ome for a jeep, but mine on the 80series is awesome at speed on trails and soaks up bumps on the trail like a champ. However it's a little stiff around town due to the nitrochargers shocks. A short arm lift is a short arm lift, no sense in paying for a name.

He hasn't said whether or not it is an auto or manual. If its auto it has no overdrive and will never downshift. That one I had of Harvey's has plenty of go with 32s and 307s and the 3 speed.
Oh yeah. It will get 33's next

Sent from my iPhone while sitting on the crapper

he hasn't said whether or not it is an auto or manual. If its auto it has no overdrive and will never downshift. That one i had of harvey's has plenty of go with 32s and 307s and the 3 speed.
:confused:ok, i think i’m ready to move forward with a lift and tires for my 98 tj. At the present moment i am on 30x9.5 bfg ats that have seen better days and stock suspension in the same condition, automatic trans. 3.73 d35 with limited slip and d30. The rear does have usa alloy chrome molly axles and the front is stock but i would like to have a locker in the front at some point. Here’s what i want to do for now. Install a 2” bds suspension lift with springs and shocks and sway bar disconnects and i would like to go with 32” tires, but i don’t know if it will kill my power on the road with the 3.73 and will the axles hold the 32s. If not 32s i’m thinking 31 also with the 2” lift will i need anything else like adjustable track bars and the like? About my stile of driving, i am not interested in hard core bolder hopping but, i do like to explore new trails and back roads. Any input will be great.
orly?

Ok, so I can use 32s or 31s but the power will be a little better with the 31s and since no one said anything about the D35 in back can I assume it will hold together as long as I don’t go crazy or anything? Next the research that I have seen the BDS lift is $393 with free shipping. The least expensive OME 2” lift I can find is $889 I will admit I have not looked into the Rough Country lift yet but I will. Then what about the track bar and so forth, will that be an issue with a 2’ lift. Also I forgot to mention it is a 4L just so all info is out there. Then finally can yall point me in the right direction for the best deal on a lift. And thanks for all of your comments.

32s made no difference from my bald 31s. The 35 will break on 30s if you beat on it hard enough. If your mild trail riding I don't see an issue. And on 32s I don't think your planning on gettin too wild.

I plan on doing the rough country at some point. Best bang for the buck on the market

Sent from my iPhone while sitting on the crapper

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Stock track bar is fine for 2". Some kits may come with a relocation bracket, not sure though. Depending on how much height you actually get out of the spring's you.may need to extend bump stops to keep the tires out of the fenders.

I'd go with Jimmy boy and say get the rough country kit, it's a great platform to start on. Yes the shocks aren't the best, but the BDS shocks are going to be just as much. The Rough Country kit comes with progressive springs which is awesome. The biggest complaint about rough country springs is that they sag over time. Yes that is true, but it's not a big deal.

OME is over priced, and from Jeeps i've rode in with OME lifts, i don't see them being that much better than some of the lower end products. 800 bucks is alot to spend just on springs and shocks. **** I don't even have half that in my set up.