Pulled a semi out of the sand this wk-end

I was driving home in my Honda around 5pm on Saturday (NOT from 5-pts - I didn't go), and noticed a semi (without trailer) stuck in the sand near the Polo Road soccer fields. He didn't look stuck too bad, and seeing that the house is 5 minutes from there, I went home and got the Jeep.

I really didn't think the LJ would touch such a massive truck, but after some digging under the axles (seemed like the axles were shoveling dirt), I put the LJ in 4-lo, locked both diffs, and gave it a go with the 3" strap folded in 2 (15-ft of slack), in 2nd gear and lots of go pedal.

I managed to give it just enough "oomph" so that the semi heaved up a bit and it managed to get him out of his predicament.

Needless to say, the guy was really thankful, he offered me $$ that I declined, instead I told him to "Help the next guy out when it happens" and he promised to do so.

Sorry, no pics. It would have looked fake anyways and nobody would have believed it!

Oddly enough the semi DID have locking diffs, but they lock left to right, crisscrossed between the forward and the rear axle. e.g.: Front axle gets power to the left, the Rear axle gets power to the right, and vice-versa.

JP

Yeah I was in the sand too. Couldn't reach the pavement from where he was. I have about a yard of sand in my LJ now. :)

The old mud tires were digging pretty good, managed to make a 10" divot at all 4 on the first attempt!

JP