Park conditions 3/8-10 and t-shirt contest

I don't want to jinx it but we are looking at real nice weather for this weekend. Still we need to get through the rain today, Tuesday. We should be able to dry out pretty good by Saturday. That being said, this is still not a good weekend for stock vehicles with street tires. The easy trails will be the slickest. Even with this dry spell we will not be dry enough in many areas for street tires to maintain control.

Every camp site is taken for this weekend. We have part of the Central North Carolina 4x4 club coming in to camp and many have never been here before. In fact, we have several groups coming in that have never been here before. Any Gulches Rangers that can make it Friday or Saturday I will need your help.

We are going to have a t-shirt contest. One Gulches T-shirt will be given away Friday Saturday and Sunday to the first person to correctly identify the location of the steel dragon flies that have been placed in the park.

The weather has held and the park is drying out better than I thought it would. The trails are in the best shape they have been this year. It is going to be in the mid to high sixties for Saturday and Sunday. Friday (today) We will open at noon instead of the regular time of 3 PM. So come on out and enjoy this first blast of spring. Stock or Street tires may still have a problem in a few places on easy trails so call for details. 864 449 5698