SW race cage- Who needs a cage soon?

Well i'm getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger on a cage. So I called today to figure out how many pennies it was going to take to get one. Well turns out they wanted 80 bucks to ship a 200 dollar cage. I haven't called back to try to haggle them down or anything yet, so I figured i'd come here first.

So the main reason i'm here is to see if any one wants to go in a group order for the cage. If we do that i'm sure we can get a few dollars off from the 199.95 price tag, and maybe get it for 200 shipped. I know i'm not the only one on here that needs a cage, so some of y'all need to think about pulling the trigger on one as well. :grinpimp:

Not sure but I was hangin out with Bert last night and I think I'm just gonna make one with him. Should be a good bit cheaper that way.

You will prob not come out cheaper by the time you figure your tube, grinder wheels, etc. but it will be what you want then. Not what you settled for.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting on the crapper

You will prob not come out cheaper by the time you figure your tube, grinder wheels, etc. but it will be what you want then. Not what you settled for.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting on the crapper

well **** right now the cage is 280... i know i wouldn't end up with that much in it. I would probably come close to 150-175 though.

1.75x.120 wall is just over $3 a foot last I looked, and you would need to buy about $1000 worth to get that price. But that sw cage is a piece of **** if you ask me, and I wouldn't want to trust my life to it. Decisions, decisions...

01tj

1.75x.120 wall is just over $3 a foot last I looked, and you would need to buy about $1000 worth to get that price. But that sw cage is a piece of **** if you ask me, and I wouldn't want to trust my life to it. Decisions, decisions...
Why do you say that?

yeah i definitely don't think i'd need more than 30 foot of tube for the cage.. I'm not trying to make something that will survive a roll at 100 mph in the desert. or a cage that can tumble down showtime hill and be alright. I just want something that is functional, you gotta think i'm still running stock seats and belts too so a cage can only be so safe with that in mind.

But that sw cage is a piece of **** if you ask me, and I wouldn't want to trust my life to it. Decisions, decisions...
Only way you can say that is because you have a bender and a notcher in your garage. For a front TJ cage kit I don't see anything else touching it on market. Most every other kit that is out there uses those braces instead of a pillar (I think that's the one) and s&w kit uses all Dom. It's not perfect but its a lot better and cheaper then most and a great kit that would be easily added onto later.

I don't think any cage that ties into the stock roll bar is safe. That's just a matter of opinion. Is the price good, yes, but I'm a fan of doing it right the first time. There are plenty of people that sell full weld it yourself cages for a decent price if you don't have access to a bender and notcher.

The worst part of the kit is how it retains the flange that bolts it to the B pillar. I wish it was not like that but I guess thats what makes it "plug and play". My Jeep has rolled violently over and over and over and the factory B piller was still square so I dont think using the stock one is a terrible idea if its what ya gotta do.
flipper.jpg
Im bout ready to sell this pos Jeep though.

The worst part of the kit is how it retains the flange that bolts it to the B pillar. I wish it was not like that but I guess thats what makes it "plug and play". My Jeep has rolled violently over and over and over and the factory B piller was still square so I dont think using the stock one is a terrible idea if its what ya gotta do.
View attachment 2793
Im bout ready to sell this pos Jeep though.
I welded mine to the b pillar without those flanges.