I am terribly sorry about the President's day run

First I want to apologize to everyone for the conditions of the park and the quick rule decisions I had to make. I hope that we can get past this weekend and again if I ruined some folks plans I am sorry. Saturday's weather snuck up on us. As of Friday morning the weather guys had us bright and sunny with no rain in the forecast for our area. By Friday evening all that had changed. By this time I had 30 rigs in the park to camp for the weekend. I made a bad decision and decided to stay open for those who wished to come in the park in the impeding nasty weather. I should have closed and chased everyone out and returned money. We know how bad the parking lot can get and when it is terribly sloppy trucks and trailers do not get out. Even still we made a total mess of the road all day long. I called our friends at the fire dept. to come wash the road several times. On the last time just as we were closing I was notified by a highway patrolman that this was not a good idea either as the temps were dropping and the water would freeze. So he called DOT to send a sand truck. Then I was contacted by DOT and told this was never to happen again or they would padlock me shut and not allow me to open again until they decided how and when I could open. This is why the no leaving till 5:30pm on Sunday. This is my only business and I cannot lose it. I cannot afford to be shut down indefinitely. Therefore instead of just closing and ruining plans for those who really wanted to be there, I decided that at 5:30 I would get everyone out, with the fire dept there waiting to clean immediately one time without freezing and then close the gate. Most of you know with a threat of weather like this I close the park. But this is such a big event and the weather changed so fast I made the wrong decision and opened. Again I am sorry.

No need to apologize IMO Skip. I know several locals from Augusta went up and had a blast as always, just a sloppy blast. I personally hate mud and not fond of the cold so I chose to stay home. Having nearly wrecked my truck in your parking lot once I understand exactly how it can get. In hindsight maybe you didn't make the best call for the business, but anyone who got butthurt over the conditions after seeing the weather report, well that isn't something you should worry about.

I'm sure we will be back up there soon after the park dries out. Thanks for giving us a place to ride that isn't 4+hrs away.

no need to apologize i had a blast at the park this weekend. anyone that bitches about the park conditions made the decision to come despite the weather and thats on them. gulches is a great place to wheel and an awesome environment to get together with friends for a good time. thanks for the good times skip

Hoping the park is nice and dry and stays that way. A group of us is coming up March 8 so we are praying we have good weather between now and then and no more freak weather changes like this past weekend!