I am terribly sorry about the President's day run

First I want to apologize to everyone for the conditions of the park and the quick rule decisions I had to make. I hope that we can get past this weekend and again if I ruined some folks plans I am sorry. Saturday's weather snuck up on us. As of Friday morning the weather guys had us bright and sunny with no rain in the forecast for our area. By Friday evening all that had changed. By this time I had 30 rigs in the park to camp for the weekend. I made a bad decision and decided to stay open for those who wished to come in the park in the impeding nasty weather. I should have closed and chased everyone out and returned money. We know how bad the parking lot can get and when it is terribly sloppy trucks and trailers do not get out. Even still we made a total mess of the road all day long. I called our friends at the fire dept. to come wash the road several times. On the last time just as we were closing I was notified by a highway patrolman that this was not a good idea either as the temps were dropping and the water would freeze. So he called DOT to send a sand truck. Then I was contacted by DOT and told this was never to happen again or they would padlock me shut and not allow me to open again until they decided how and when I could open. This is why the no leaving till 5:30pm on Sunday. This is my only business and I cannot lose it. I cannot afford to be shut down indefinitely. Therefore instead of just closing and ruining plans for those who really wanted to be there, I decided that at 5:30 I would get everyone out, with the fire dept there waiting to clean immediately one time without freezing and then close the gate. Most of you know with a threat of weather like this I close the park. But this is such a big event and the weather changed so fast I made the wrong decision and opened. Again I am sorry.

There is no way that you could have predicted it and I am sure that people had a good time in the slop. The Fire Department charges you every time when they come out to clean the road, right? It may seem a tad crazy but what about running a few hoses to spray off tires before they hit the road? That may save money and make SCDOT happy for an inconvenience that I would be willing to take. Some crush and run with a dedicated exit on the other side of the house from the current entrance may work beautifully and eliminate congestion.

Some crush and run throughout the parking lot wouldn't be a bad idea...and would be VERY well worth the investment. Not only would it help out when it gets wet...but in the summer when the parking lot turns into a dust bowl it would also be greatly appreciated.

I know money doesn't grow on trees for you Skip...but just some food for thought...thanks for all you do for our hobby!

Finally have some time to navigate the forum. It was my first time at Gulches and I was only ATV rider on Friday evening, but it was fun, and I even get to use my winch to get myself out of deep mud. Now I just need to finish the Jeep and try it out there. Didn't stayed overnight so didn't catch any bad weather, but as of Friday it looked very good, and weather guys was 100% sure what will come on Saturday.