Steering wobble

Looking for help ,I have a 2001 tj 4" lift running 35" procomp all terrains . Some history to my problem about a month ago started getting a small shake about 40 mph every now and then. In the past I could rotate tires and everything good again this time I rotated tires the shake got very bad at 45 mph. Checked alignment ,it was out about 1/4 inch set toe back in a 1/16 checked all front end and bearings had tires balanced still bad shake at 45 . I have now rotated tires every possible way and still have the shakes anywhere from 40 to 50 mph . So scratching my head trying not to blow it up have checked and rechecked front end components any help would be appreciated thanks.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Death wobble isn't as big a mystery as a lot of people make it seem. It is one of two things. Either you are out of alignment or something is loose. It really is that simple. One lesson I have learned (thanks to Brooks and Cole), put the front end up on jack stands, have someone grab one of the front tires and just jerk around on it while you watch all the joints/connections (be safe, don't get under there). If you don't see anything, try the other one. If you still don't see it, you missed it, start over.

Maybe I am missing something . Had another track bar laying around tried that no help . It only got real bad after I rotated tires may have just shown up more so then . Have put tires back in places to when it started still no help and it only does it at 40 to 50 have tried to make it do it when hitting bumps but nothing . normally this kind of thing would not stump me this hard but it has

Had them balanced may need to try again . A guy I work with has the same size tires and wheels may try and swap them to see if it is tires or bent wheel .

Mine did that alot too with the same size lift and tires. It was always solved by adjusting the toe in/out with the tie rod.

Sorry it took so long to reply . Swapped tires and wheels out today problem gone . I did notice when I put my tires back on the jeep went for a ride and got in some mud and the shake got ten times worse with a small amount of mud on tires so starting to think maybe trying to balance them again . Running stock track bar with hole drilled I know I need to replace with adjustable .