Where to get Hydraulic Hose by the foot locally?

OK, I have checked advance auto, lake murray hardware, northern tool, and tractor supply. Napa is open like 2 hours each day and I can never make it by there.

Does anyone else in the Columbia area sell 3/8" hydraulic hose by the foot?

So to answer the question of this Thread.

Hydradyne (formerly Fluid Air/Gaines W. Harrison)
2401 Alpine Rd
Columbia, SC 29223

They Sell it by the foot, or will make custom hoses in house.

Last edited:
Wilson Tractor in Newberry has them for sure. i'd call to double check they got it in stock, but i don't see why they wouldn't cause every tractor has a plethora of hydraulic hoses on it.

There is a hydrolic hose shop by the football stadium downtown, and there is another one off Bluff road bout 3/4 mile past stadium on left side.

Northern tools, fluid air on huger st, tractor supply, Gaines Harrison, and I can't think of any more off the top of my head. There are several other places though!

Northern tools, fluid air on huger st, tractor supply, Gaines Harrison, and I can't think of any more off the top of my head. There are several other places though!
Northern tool does not sell it by the foot, neither does tractory supply, they only sell premade hoses. As I had said in my first post.

I'd rather have a pre made hose over that junk PSC sells.
interesting, why?

And to update the thread, I walked the mile over to Fluid Air on Huger Street to find out that they have moved over to Alpine Road. But I did confirm over the phone that they have what I need.

I'd rather have a pre made hose over that junk PSC sells.
I'm with Brooks, what makes you say that?

I've used the PSC hose and reusable fittings on 3 of my own rigs, and a few other folks, and never had any issues. I did notice that sometimes the hose that comes from PSC can be different brands. I want to say that I got Goodyear hose one time, another type of hose that had some type of almost cloth type webbing on it another time, but normally just get their standard steel lined black rubber high pressure hydraulic hose. I have noticed that you can't keep that stuff looped over and zip tied, as it appears that the rubber cracks over time sometimes but has never leaked.

Now that I typed this a hose will start to leak knowing my luck . . .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

01tj

Its not the hose necissarely, its the fittings. A premade tractor or generic hydraulic hose is far superior in strength than the PSC style.
Correct, I dont like the feild servicable fittings. I carry my old lines as spares though.

Correct, I dont like the feild servicable fittings. I carry my old lines as spares though.
where did you get yours made? and what ends did you have them install on there?

I dont really want to buy new fittings when the ones I have work fine as far as I know.

01tj

where did you get yours made? and what ends did you have them install on there?

I dont really want to buy new fittings when the ones I have work fine as far as I know.
I got them at trucking supply company in Greenwood. I got them to put a 90* on one end and a 45* on the other. #6 JIC.

I have no idea. They were alot more than the $10 lines that JR mentioned.
I priced new lines at parts plus in clemson when I was there and they quoted me $75 for both. but I think those were low flow fittings.

Do yours ends look like this?
products_groups_image-8055.jpg

or like this:
Hydraulic-Adapters.jpg