Fancy Pants Build (LX450)

Well after completion of the Cousin Ferd, she just didnt turn out to be what I had hoped. Just a touch too primative for what I want. Mud bogs, jumping, and general rowdyness hell yeah shes most of what I could hope for. But loading her down with camping gear possibly pulling a pop up and driving 5 hours she is not the rig for that without a bigger investment then I am willing to put in. I have a hard time putting more money into a rig than I can get back out of it so I figured I would jump into a rig with a rediculous resale value and a cult following....the Toyota Landcruiser....plus I have already had a few and know what I am getting into.

I chose the Lexus flavor for a few additional options that I wanted and their tendancy to look a little more modern than a same year cruiser. They have softer leather, a nicer stereo, better insulation, and genuine wood grain. No laminated surfaces here. However the real reason behind the love for cruisers is in the hardware:

DOHC 4.5litre six.
4:10 gears
9.5 inch full floating rear
high pinion 8 inch in the front with huge birfields
steering gear mounted behind the axle
solid boxed frame
beefy suspension components

The truck now has a rear pintle hitch mounted to the bumper
Luna power systems auxillary battery system
Spector Offroad Seat covers on all 3 rows
OME 850/860 springs with OME Nitro Charger Shocks.
Center Diff Lock switch
285/75r16 Goodyear Duratracs.

The plan is sliders, and a rear locker followed by an ARB bumper and winch.
This truck is not only the best riding offroad vehicles I have had but also the one of the best riding vehicles period.

Truck before the lift:
IMG_1784[1].jpg
Truck after the OME. Netted about 4 inches in the rear and 2.75 in the front.
IMG_1816[1].jpg
Spector offroad Seat covers (not a big fan of the camo but they are quality covers and fit the seats and console like a glove)
IMG_1819[1].jpg
Maglite mounted within reach:
IMG_1818[1].jpg
Luna Power Pack. This thing is slick, its computer controlled to know when it needs to charge, based on what is going on with the main battery up front. Has Hella Plug, standard 12v plug, and hook ups for a power inverter and aligator clips.
IMG_1820[1].jpg
Full Float rear
IMG_1822[1].jpg
80 birf next to mini truck birf
birfield.jpg

Not yet she is on the list of craigs. Probably going to take it to greenwood this weekend and park it there. Craigslist sucks now.

Appreciate the compliments guys, she gets about the same as my tj did. After driving a 2500 burb I have grown accustomed to dismal fuel economy. We take cates acura on trips and I live less than a mile from work so it makes the fuel easier to stomach.

Oh an Nick I believe I saw you in traffic yesterday. Tried to call but I had the way wrong number haha.

The size difference in the birf is decieving. They aren't really stronger from what numbers I saw on the results of the axle snapper apparatus. Same spline, same size inner shaft, and the same amt. of material between spline and ball. All coming from the internets as I have never taken a set of calipers to them side by side. Really the only difference is the turning radius right?

Yeah brooks if you get 18 you better leave ol knocks in there because its a freak. Mine got 12-14. Best ever was 15 going to dirty myrtle on 378