In need of a little guidance.

I have a 98 TJ with a 4.0l, automatic and a 3.73 Dana 35C with Alloy USA axles. ARB front bumper with an 8000lb Ramsey winch. I want to beef up the suspension and gain a little clearance and give it a better stance and level it out (the bumper and winch are heavy). I am thinking about a 2” lift of some sort and what ever it takes to give it more flex and agility on the trails. I would like to stay away from having to modify the TC mounts and such if possible. I plan on running 31s because I don’t want to have to re-gear but would consider 32s if I could get away with it. I don’t do a lot of hard core rock climbing but I do like to explore the back roads. Looking for a kit or components that won’t break the bank but will give the desired results. Any thoughts anybody?Thanks.

Man that looks good. I wonder if the springs in the front of mine are getting weak. It seams to set a little low. But i do have a lot of weight on the nose.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Mine sits low in the front too. I've thought about putting shorter spacers in the back, but I figure when I'm loaded down for a camping trip it will probably sit close to level.

Is one Budget Boost better than another? And what about shocks, do you have longer? I have been reading a lot of good reviews about BDS 2" suspension lifts. They say they are easy on the wallet and easy to install.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I bought mine with the budget boost and shocks already on, so I don't know what brand it is. The shocks are your typical white body shocks. I've heard really good things about OME.

I have BDS all around on my rig. LOVE it. No questions asked warrenty is nice as well. I have had it on my rig for 6 year and have had no regrets other than not getting the 3" lift when i did it the first time.

I ran the rough country. 2.5 inch with the 2.2 shocks. Absolutely couldn't beat it for 299. Drove great, flexed good and had progressive rate coils.

Ok I have to ask what does BDS stand for, not that it matters just curious? So with your BDS did you get a complete kit with shocks and springs and were the instructions clear or clear as mud?

01tj

Ok I have to ask what does BDS stand for, not that it matters just curious? So with your BDS did you get a complete kit with shocks and springs and were the instructions clear or clear as mud?
I've always heard it means Big Dick Suspension.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always heard it means Big Dick Suspension.
The name was originaly Big Dick Suspension but the distributors were concerned about posters and advertising in their shops with women and children coming in,hence the name BDS. They used to have something about it on their website, but I dont see it anymore.

They had stickers at one of the first 4 wheel jamborees I ever went to and were selling them for like $20.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting on the crapper

I didnt buy the entire suspension kit. I ordered the shocks and the springs at one time, and then have been building ever since with the stuff I want. You can find great deals if you are patient if you piece it together. Instructions are pretty straight forward, and anyone on the board here can help give you tricks to installing shocks/springs. Control arms are a bit more involved if you get adjustable (I recommend you do), but not overall difficult. I found with my jeep, I had no vibes on the 2" after I loosened the tranny mount from the skid and cycled the syspension a bit before tightening them back. I did find I had vibes after the 3". However, every jeep is different.

All over. I have 99% new parts that I bought through sales and ebay. I did get a bunch on Jeepforum and Pirate as well. Very little was used...