Mountain Bikers Trip

Anyone want to plan a weekend trip to Pisgah, or FATS for this spring. I know a few of yall ride, would be cool to get a trip together. I know tons of trails in the Pisgah area, and Fats, then there is also the Wilson creek area, all of which lend well to camping nearby. I'm open to dates.

Anyone?

March 23rd Pisgah National Forest

Last edited:
I had said awhile back that I was gonna fix my bike to ride again. Buddy I work with just got a mtb and has been bugging me about going so I'm planning on ordering a few things soon for it. I was gonna holler at a few of y'all when it got warmer about getting a trip up.

He said that Paris mtn just had a new part redone by rei that's suppose to be pretty cool.

There's also some new app for smartphones bikers have been using that seems pretty cool called strava

I had said awhile back that I was gonna fix my bike to ride again. Buddy I work with just got a mtb and has been bugging me about going so I'm planning on ordering a few things soon for it. I was gonna holler at a few of y'all when it got warmer about getting a trip up.

He said that Paris mtn just had a new part redone by rei that's suppose to be pretty cool.

There's also some new app for smartphones bikers have been using that seems pretty cool called strava
is your bike build anything like your jeep build? You need to borrow a bike? :flipoff2:

Need new derailler and front brake to get it going. Been looking at a new fork and wheel set eventually and a few other things to she'd some weight.

I've just dropped some coin on my tacoma last few months and to turn my gf to my fiancé, I'm hoping to get a better daily so I can start buying rest of what I need for my jeep.

I'm thinking sometime in march other than the weekend of the 9-10.

Maybe March 23rd? That will give everyone some time to get off their asses and ride a little before we kill ourselves on the trail:flipoff2:

23 should work for me.

Brooks have you ever been to Tsali? I rode it like 12 years ago but have little memory of it.

http://www.mtbikewnc.com/trailheads/nantahala-national-forest/cheoah-ranger-district/tsali-recreation-area/

Last edited:
I also might be interested. I've been getting myself in shape for the upcoming riding season so hopefully by the time this comes around I won't be useless. Also if we wait for it to warm up some. I mean, I know at night and in the morning it would be cold but not like, miserable cold.

I rode Tsali last year in the snow. It was a lot of pedaling. Probably would be better if we had gone when it was warm. It was so cold the beer froze.

there is.

Pisgah and Fats are similar minus the wood structures and shuttles, and sugar and wolf laurel both have lift access in the summer.
Never heard of pisgah but i did like wat i saw when u told me about fats awhile ago...startin to get my bike ready now...really want something newer but money tight so just do little updates to mine trying to get new handle bars with little raise to them right now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC