Limited Slip Clutches (8.8)

Well, decided to throw a little maintance at the Bronc this weekend and noticed I had some chipped teeth on one of the spider gears. When I went to Greenwood last night I scooped the spare limited slip carrier I had sitting on the shelf at the cabinet shop. Well my gears got to turning and I looked up adding clutches to the limited slip to make it mo' better. I came across this link that describes what order to stack the clutches in to get more bite out of that Trac-lok unit.

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/5ohcpa/cpa5ohtech018.htm.

Luckily both carriers came out of a 95 model so the date codes lined up on the clutches and wont cause an asteroid to strike the earth killing off baby kittys.....:flipoff2:

So if it quits raining long enough Im going to do this and see what kind of results it produces. It looks like it will leave me with 2 extra sets of clutches if any of you other people with limited slip 8.8s want to give it a whirl. I will trade each pair for 1 canned beer.

I may be interested in this depending on how you think it works. I think I can afford a beer.

But I don't have a clue what year my rear axle is

I've been told that getting the extra disk in isn't easy. People have beaten them in before and cracked the carrier because of too many discs. Let us know how that works out for ya.

You aren't using any more disks in this one, just replacing 1 of the splined discs with a friction disk. Should be fine. I'll have to keep this in mind when I go axle hunting for my wife's YJ. Need to regear so I'll just try to fine a 4.10 8.8 and a 4.10 d30 to install.