New Member Here from North Charleston, SC

I am new to the site. I heard about this site from therangerstation.com website. I am always looking for other people to go wheeling with. I am here in the North Charleston, SC area. My truck is an 86 Ford Bronco II 4x4 and is always ready for some off roading! If anyone here has any good spots around in the area please let me know. Here are some pics of my Bronco.

My two love's

WHEEL ON MEMBERS!!

No I havent been to Gulches yet I have set my dates for March 8,9,10 2013 to go. If anyone else wants to go yall are more than welcome to come along I am wanting to make a camping trip out of the weekend. I will probably be going by myself so anyone is more than welcome to come.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Welcome. I started wheeling with a first gen Explorer and always thought I'd swap my stuff into a Bronco II... Any mods or plans for it?

Well my plans started with a 4" suspension lift and swapping in a d35 axle and 4.0 out of a first gen explorer but that was the easy way out. Now I am thinking 302 or 351 swap with d44 in the front d60 in the rear and a 5.5" suspension lift with 35" tires. Really all depends on what donor I can find for a decent price. Looking for a f-150 or f-250 now. Then I am going to lock the front and rear with mechanical lockers and add a new front and rear bumper with a basket on top and lots of fog lights. I believe after that Ill be satisfied.... for a little while anyways

I'd just rock a 4.0. Tough to keep a big motor cool in that little engine compartment. Dana 35 front with an 8.8 rear with some 33s you would have a pretty capable little budget truck.

I am still keeping that option in the back of my mind but so many people do that with these trucks Im thinking about doing something a little different just so its not another 4.0 B2 to add to the list

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I passed up a '79 F250 with 351 as a donor for mine and hated that I didn't get it later. But, if I was doing it now, I would do either a 44 or 30 up front and 8.8 in the back like Jumbo said. A 60 is overkill and hurts ground clearance a lot.

I guess yours is a 2.9? Manual or auto? I had so much explorer stuff around here or years but I think its all gone to the junkyard.

I guess truly my biggest issue with the explorer donor is I can't find any that are within my price range. I have been through craigslist and everything else and people think their wrecked or not running explorer is a gold mine. I am looking for a 4x4 explorer for $500 or less. Really want a manual explorer but those arent the easiest to find. It is just easier for me to find an old f150 or f250 and get that. I have found several in my area alone under the $500 range and they are running.

well if I have all of the parts from the donor everything else I will fabricate myself. Plus on my other forum they sell a kit for the 302 to bolt into a Bronco II so if I used the 351 I would just modify the engine mounts to fit my frame. It will be a lot of work but worth it in the end. Id rebuild the engine and trans, redo the front end and rear end. I have a parts ranger at the house that I will use to fabricate mounts and size everything up and then once everything is built and ready to go in I will take my 2.9 out and because I used the ranger to mock up everything should go in smooth and within a few days. hopefully, but its all speculation until i have the donor in my yard.

No I havent been to Gulches yet I have set my dates for March 8,9,10 2013 to go. If anyone else wants to go yall are more than welcome to come along I am wanting to make a camping trip out of the weekend. I will probably be going by myself so anyone is more than welcome to come.
I have heard about them and well if I am off I wouldn't mind joining. Sounds like a good trip.