DIY bed liner: who is #1

After losing my drop in bed liner the other day driving down the road, it's time for me to finally do something about some type of spray in or roll in bed liner. I'd love to line-x it but don't want to pay so much for it as ill likely sell my truck here soon.

What's suppose to be the best stuff out there? Looking for a kit as I don't really want to piece it all together.

I've heard Al's bed liner was pretty good and I remember thinking durabak was pretty good.

Anything you can spray with a compressor will trump a roll on kit. I did my 4runner with the Raptor liner years ago and it turned out good. It's a smooth hard liner and held up really well. So, guess it depends on what your looking for. I think a kit on fleabay was around $100.

The Herculiner I put in my CJ blew goats. I didn't spray it though. I imagine it could be sprayed and have a much better end result. I wasn't much for the rough texture though.

I don't like the texture of rhino liner, always seems cheap looking and everything ive seen globbed with it has been peeling. I'd like to go for the texture of line-x If possible.

I remember brooks saying he didn't perticularly like the upol raptor liner If I remember right.

Anyone else got any suggestions.

I have duplicolor roll on my rokmen inner fenders. I'd say they are holding up pretty well and don't look bad at all. Only complaint I have is that it is impossible to get completely clean.

The raptor liner I used on my jeep tub trailer was nice, but its not super heavy duty. I think it would work fine for like rockers, or the inside of a jeep, but if you plan to throw heavy metal stuff in the back of a truck it probably wouldn't hold up. When I transported my drill press in the trailer from Seneca to my apartment in Clemson it rubbed through the raptor liner in one spot where it was rubbing.

The raptor liner I used on my jeep tub trailer was nice, but its not super heavy duty. I think it would work fine for like rockers, or the inside of a jeep, but if you plan to throw heavy metal stuff in the back of a truck it probably wouldn't hold up. When I transported my drill press in the trailer from Seneca to my apartment in Clemson it rubbed through the raptor liner in one spot where it was rubbing.
Thats wild. Did you spray it thin? And did you put enough hardener with it? Mine in the back of the 4runner should have seen much worse and I don't think it ever even chipped. May have just gotten lucky once. lol

Thats wild. Did you spray it thin? And did you put enough hardener with it? Mine in the back of the 4runner should have seen much worse and I don't think it ever even chipped. May have just gotten lucky once. lol
I mixed it per the directions. It wasnt really thin I dont think. I used 3 of the 4 bottles and only did the equivelent to the cargo area of a TJ...not a very big area. It seemed to hold up well to anything but metal.

I used raptor liner on the inside of my LJ. I'm umpired with how tough it is. Been in for 2 years and is only scuffed in a couple places.

upol here....stands up, and I only used 2 of the 4 bottles.....I think if I had used all 4 bottles, It would hold up to most anything...I used the other two on the inner of my M416...

upol here....stands up, and I only used 2 of the 4 bottles.....I think if I had used all 4 bottles, It would hold up to most anything...I used the other two on the inner of my M416...
What are the dimensions of the m416? Trying to get a size comparison to a truck bed.