Jocassee Gorges Hwy 11 Trip January 6th CANCELLED

Anyone going back to the columbia area after the ride have an open seat? I would like to leave the jeep up in Clemson after the ride cause I don't see a reason to drive the jeep back to columbia and drive it back up 2 days later.

And who all said they were coming from columbia? Y'all want to meet up in the morning and ride out there together?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'm going to head up 26 with ya'll. Breakfast at either Hardee's or Bill and Fran's in Newberry?

Burgundy said she wasn't going to go, so you and Brooks could ride back with me.

Do we know why all the cancelations? I mean I know it's been wet an all, buts drying out perdy good. I understand they gotta do what they gotta do..... Anybody know when they are gonn officially open?

Do we know why all the cancelations? I mean I know it's been wet an all, buts drying out perdy good. I understand they gotta do what they gotta do..... Anybody know when they are gonn officially open?
I know i'm reading a lot into it but I think the way it was worded they don't want to tear up their main road? I hope things get better because it sounds liek a hell of a place.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The Facebook post said they don't want to get mud on the road. I've heard Skip talk about fines for getting mud on the road so I guess they're facing he same thing.

I would imagine it has more to do with the fact they aren't an actual business yet but are operating as one. But, I may be wrong on both accounts.

I have been to the new park off Hwy 11, an believe me right now you are not missing anything. I was very disapointed, Until it changes for the better, I want be back. Come on to the flats you want be disapointed.