3-18-11 kayak trip

I'd be interested with hooking up with you guys some this summer. My gf got her kayak over to the house and I got a new one for xmas. We're ready to roll soon.

from doing a little measuring on a map, it looks like around 20 miles. I have a guy with alot of good info on this section of river thats supposed to call me in a little bit. I'll post up what I find.

Description: Starting from the Peak access, you will enjoy a leisurely float on the tree lined Broad River. If you enjoy being alone, this is a very secluded part of the Broad River. You may not see many people, but wildlife such as otters, raccoons, deer, and a variety of birds abound, and possibly an eagle. In the spring you can also enjoy blooming Rocky Shoals Spider Lilies in the shallows.

You can go beyond the Harbison Forest Access to the Highway 20 overpass where it is suggested that you turn around, because just beyond is a diversion dam.

insect repellent is recommended during warm months.

Length: 17.0 miles to the Harbison Forest Access.

Fees: No fee.

Access Points:
Mileage and GPS coordinates are approximate and for reference only.

Mile 0 - (GPS N 34.2498 W 81.3285) - Peak - From Exit 97 (Peak) on I-26, drive north on US 176. Drive approximately 10.5 miles and turn right onto SC 213. Drive approximately 2.4 miles to the Dr. Carrol A. Pinner Bridge and the access is on the left.

Mile 17.0 (GPS N 34.1045 W 81.1180) - Harbison State Forest - From Exit 104 on I-26 (Piney Grove), drive east on Piney Grove and turn left onto Broad River Road. The entrance to Harbison Forest is approximately 1.0 mile on the right. You will need to call 803-896-8890, or stop at the Education Building in Harbison Forest to get permission to their landing.

Mile 22.0 (GPS 34.0479 W 81.0735) - Highway 20 Overpass and suggested turnaround.

Hours: Dawn to dusk.

Camping: No camping

Information: Harbison Forest 803-896-8890. River Alliance, 506 Gervais St., Columbia, SC 29201, Telephone: 803-765-2200.

So I talked to allen, and he may or may not be going. But i'll have my brother if now and we will be bringing the canoe.

Who else is planning on going?

JR
Brooks
Allen
Weston

Had alot of fun on the river friday, I did get some sun, but not too bad. The river was high enough that we floated the whole thing and even had some white water a few times. At the last minute we decided to not leave the dogs at home and bring them along... Really good times, here are my pics

JR out on the river

Gracie Waiting for a swim

eatin lunch

Roxie gettin up close

Weston leading the way

Attachments

i have to many wants lol im plannin a crawler build and turnin the fronty into a tow rig and ive wanted a kayak for so long haha! but looks like yall had fun!

and i got a sunburn at mid-state in january talk about suprised!