Metal Cloak Duraflex Joints

Looks to me like it will not be a tension free unit and will perform more like a bushing than a flex joint... But idk anything about them

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Looks like they took a johnny joint housing and shoved a bushing in it (as the illustration shows). Don't really see the benefit. But to answer your question, no I haven't seen these in action or know of anyone that has.

01tj

If I can't find anything else to use that gift card on I may just order one to see what they are like.

from my untrained eye, it looks like a prime design for the metal insert to pop out of the bushing causing catastrophic failure when you least expect it..

.....and you could always sell the gift certificate for $85-$90 and make some money off it for something you could use :)

from my untrained eye, it looks like a prime design for the metal insert to pop out of the bushing causing catastrophic failure when you least expect it..

.....and you could always sell the gift certificate for $85-$90 and make some money off it for something you could use :)
I would say it would be not worse than when a stock bushing wears out on a TJ/XJ/ZJ/WJ/MJ The joint is still contained by the housing.

Hmm...interesting...Im getting to 4 link my rear..and the cost of the JJ tool just about evens out with the cost of theses......Maybe Ill check them out

01tj

Hmm...interesting...Im getting to 4 link my rear..and the cost of the JJ tool just about evens out with the cost of theses......Maybe Ill check them out
What do you need a Johnny Joint tool to 4 link your rear for?

it does make adjusting them much easier. I would suggest doing threaded joints and not weld on. But the weld on joints are cheaper because they do not require a threaded bung or jamb nut. And how many times do you actually adjust your links?