Johnny Joint Install tool

Anyone have one that I can borrow when Brooks and I do my triangulated 4 link? I hate the though of buying one at 80 bucks for a few hours of use....I thought about making one...it doesn't look to difficult...thoughts?

Anyone have one that I can borrow when Brooks and I do my triangulated 4 link? I hate the though of buying one at 80 bucks for a few hours of use....I thought about making one...it doesn't look to difficult...thoughts?
I have thought about buying one a few times, but I haven't yet. If you buy one I'lll rent it from you when I need to rebuild mine :cheers:

Hahaha...I might think about it. I would be willing to go in on it with you, 50/50 :) It looks like a large socket with two sides ground down for grip in the vice, a long bolt, and a smaller socket with a washer and nut would do the same thing for maybe 20bucks....

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Just a thought for discussion. Maybe the club could buy stuff like this (specialty tools) and keep a club toolbox. Then club members could get them on loan (for a small fee and limited timeframe).

Not a bad idea. And items like this are repairable. so if you break it, you pay to have it repaired. Just like Autozone...

Just a thought for discussion. Maybe the club could buy stuff like this (specialty tools) and keep a club toolbox. Then club members could get them on loan (for a small fee and limited timeframe).
we have talked about this a few times, the question is what happens if the club ever disbands, where do these parts go?

Auction them off, then split the money between the members. What happens to the bank account if the club disbands?
With money the money stays in a central location, with tools, they would be in someones tool box. If for some reason that person left the club they would have the tool. The bank account can be donated to charity, the tools...not so much.

People come and go with jeep clubs. I'm down for doing it, it would just suck to see the tools you have gathered as a club be taken by a single member.

understood...Put them in a locker at the bus station.... :) have the officers keep the key :0 That way, it'll look like someone picking up loot everytime someone goes to get the tools hahaha..