Golden Lady Build (so far)

I had destroyed my third S-10 Blazer, well at least the TC & front Diff. This left me looking for a new ride. I searched for quite some time, not that I had a lot to do. I was actually still in a wheelchair after my motorcycle wreck in September of 05. By the end of January I could get around with my cane, and was able to do more than cruise the web looking for rides. I had Justin for a taxi, and we spent quite a bit of time just out riding around. It was great to get outta the house. I had actually never considered a jeep for more than a second, and was looking at Bob Bennett for an F-250. Justin had been looking at jeeps, but not in the market. We were leaving the ford dealer, and he said he had looked a a rubicon sitting a Galeanna. I had no clue what a rubicon was, but I was interested in seeing what he was talking about. We zipped over to the lot, and it caught my eye pulling in! There she sat. Mint, 03, Inca Gold, Rubicon. I was sold!!! So yeah you could say that I snagged Justins jeep! It was to late at night to actually do any dealing, so i came back in the morning. The price was way high as you imagine, but I did some haggling & I finally got them down to a decent price. I brought home an 03 rubicon with 20K miles for 20k out the door. That was February of 06, and the NADA was still 26K.
My Golden Lady
day1.jpg
I now call her my bitch, or hunny. Same as I call my wife, but that's only cause I can't figure out witch one causes more trouble/cost more money!

Last edited:
I think I spent about $5k in junk mostly, but it was all goodies for the jeep. I remember buying the winch, bumpers, and floor mats, but the rest was junk! I did a 2.5" spring lift a few weeks later, but it beat me to death. They were super stiff! (thanks for the deal Laff) I got a 2" set of spacers, 1" BL, and 1" MML within a few more monthes. That did far better. I actually had less trouble & better flex from that than the RE 4" SA SF kit I eventually got!
This is a few years later, but still stock suspension with the spacers! (pissed off Tyler that day)
33in.jpg

I had gotten tired of bending up the front fenders wheeling, and up graded to tube fenders, as well as a rubicon express lift. Boy was the RE lift complete crap!
0312091422a.jpg
See what I mean. I replaced these about once a month, at the cost of $25 a pair. That's $50 a month!
0329091136.jpg
I had also added OBA, and a few other goodies by then.
airank.jpg

It was a nightmare turning the wheel with the bigger tires & that POS Mercedes steering gear jeep was using by the 03 models. I upgraded to a PSC rubicon moded box!
With all the added weight & tire size change i had noticed a complete lack of *** in 4hi. So it was time to regear. I believe this was about Sep. of 09.
IMG00189-20090920-1923.jpg
I had previously had to replace the front axle shafts with alloy's to withstand my habits, but they were defective, so.....
I was able to get the fronts replace, and ordered a set of rear shafts to finish off the job right!
axles.jpg
In Dec of 10 I actually was one seriously lucky F'er. I was able to get rid of the RE junk lift, and just by luck. I was the one that won a free 4' long arm kit from Rough Country. I love the kit, and it has been performing flawlessly. Well I do break up stuff now and then, but they have been great, and warranty every piece I manage to bust up!
IMG00270-20100220-1522.jpg
In the past year i have done a good bit. Here recent, i exploded the rear DS. 1yr with a long arm lift was amazing it lasted that long. Upgraded to a monster tough DS from carolina drive line.
IMG00225-20101230-1254.jpg
I built a tummy tuck skid about 8mo ago.
IMG00074-20100815-1956.jpg
I have also built my own rear bumper/tire swing.
IMG00192-20101119-1109.jpg
IMG00205-20101129-1343.jpg
I also finally got to building a front stubby.
IMAG0019.jpg
IMAG0020.jpg