james

Thanks. Yeah, looking forward to it. Can't wait until I am able to do some wheeling. Hopefully I can make it to the next MidCarolina meeting and meet some of the people, maybe find some more people to wheel with.

welcome to offroadsc man! good luck with the swap, i would say i could give a hand, but i won't be home again till probably thanksgiving!

james

SUPPORTER
Ok, so soa had taken longer than expected. But I am committed to it, had some financial set backs but definitely doing it. But I am on the fence about going ahead and doing the rear stretch. I'd like to do it now rather than later but, I'm new to the crawling scene, and any input would be greatly appreciated.

stretch it... XJ springs.. you wont regret it!
Yeah, definitely considering it. Is there any advantage over using the longer xj springs as opposed to moving the stock springs and perches back?

I mean do you get any better flex or movement out of the longer xj spring compared to the shorter yj spring?

xj springs have an offset center pin.. so they move the axle back farther without having to extend the frame any farther.. with the stock YJ springs you would have to do a fair amount of steching. with XJ's, build a stout rear bumper, weld to frame, and then put the shackle mounts on it. here are a few pics from a SOA xj stretch.
xjsprings.jpg xjsprings2.jpg xjsprings3.jpg

xj springs have an offset center pin.. so they move the axle back farther without having to extend the frame any farther.. with the stock YJ springs you would have to do a fair amount of steching. with XJ's, build a stout rear bumper, weld to frame, and then put the shackle mounts on it. here are a few pics from a SOA xj stretch.
interesting, thanks.... any pictures of it completed?