WARN Releases Next Generation ZEON Winches

1.jpg

Over the last three years WARN has quietly been working with consumers to find out exactly what they wanted in a winch and more importantly—how they wanted a winch to perform. WARN equipped consumers with a variety of prototype models and asked for feedback and honest evaluation and the result is the brand-new WARN ZEON Series. The robust aluminum winch is available in three different capacities with traditional steel rope: 8,000, 10,000 and 12,000 pounds, and two capacities being offered with WARN's Spydura synthetic rope: 8,000 and 10,000 pounds. Oh, and major points to WARN for making the ZEON right here in America.

6.jpg

The ZEON has been completely built from the ground up and features a symmetrical design which completely does away with any exposed wires on the outside of the housing in addition to providing IP68 sealing to keep the elements where they belong.

Features:

• Three-stage planetary gear train
  • Convertible control pack
  • Large diameter aluminum drum
  • Automatic mechanical brake
  • Stainless steel hardware
  • New motor and motor housing
  • Contactor control
  • IP86 rated weather sealing
  • Satin black powder coat finish

8.jpg

WARN is offering its Spydura synthetic rope on 8,000 and 10,000 pound variations.

Synthetic models Include
  • 100’ of 3/8” WARN
  • Spydura® synthetic rope,
  • A ballistic nylon sliding chafe sleeve
  • Polished Aluminum Hawse Fairlead

9.jpg

2.jpg

In factory form, the ZEON has the control pack mounted ontop of the winch, if this doesn't fit your application, WARN has a Control Pack relocation kit available.

7.jpg

Pricing:

ZEON 8 - $999.00

ZEON 10 - $1099.00

ZEON 12 - $1199.00

ZEON 8-S $1249.00

ZEON 10-S $1349.00

5.jpg

I hope its no where near the speed of a 8274, those things will almost wrap you up. It is a nice looking winch, but hard to beat a m8000.
why would a fast winch be a problem? i still find times when I am winching and I am outdriving the winch coming up an obstacle.

01tj

why would a fast winch be a problem? i still find times when I am winching and I am outdriving the winch coming up an obstacle.
Just not a fan of them. That day we winched Mason out of shipwreck it would wrap its self up so quick when spooling out. Then when pulling the cable in it would pull like 10 feet more after you let off the remote. I know Robbie feels the same way I do about them....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just not a fan of them. That day we winched Mason out of shipwreck it would wrap its self up so quick when spooling out. Then when pulling the cable in it would pull like 10 feet more after you let off the remote. I know Robbie feels the same way I do about them....
Thats the first person I have ever heard say that. Was that with synthetic or cable? If the speed were a problem, then Warn wouldn't have made the 9.5ti and cti winches just as fast.

My old X8000 holds its own. Its not the fastest in the world, nor the slowest.. but it works when i need it, and It was free... The harbor freight backwoods 9500 on my YJ does what i need it to do as well, Afterall its a rebadged mile marker and with a coupon can be had for $250... Wouldn't have it on a trail rig, but on the dd/farm duty it works great.. I think the whole aftermarket accessories are becoming completly out of reach for the average American wheeler, but i guess if you just spent 50K on a buggy, then a grand more is no biggie.. But thats just my 2 cents... If i were to put that winch on my zuk it would be the most expensive part on it...

i honestly think that time it was user error, not the winch. the switch is not a momentary one, and i don't think i had the switch off as fast as i thought i did.