Ronnie - Clemson5.9ZJ

Figured id follow the trend.. My names Ronnie im currently a sophmore at Clemson University, I've been in the offroad club here since my Junior year in highschool. Started off with a stock 4.0 ZJ
Bumper.jpg
bumped that up to 3.5 and 32s after the summer of my junior year in hs.
DSC01580.jpg
Senior year saw some new shoes, 33x10.50 KM2s right when they came out and put some spacers in to go up to 4.5"
DSC01698.jpg

Well my freshmen year was interesting, our first trip of the year was fun but once we got back to Clemson I had a little mishap with a minivan at the main intersection in Clemson right by sonic...
IMG_0638.jpg
After getting my insurance all settled and a check cut I had all intentions of ditching the unibody and going to a TJ until I found a deep slate 5.9 in NC with 98k on the clock. Ive always loved the look of the ZJ and who wouldnt want 360 Cu In of throaty V8 :smokin:

How she looked when I bought it stock
IMG_06591.jpg

And heres how she sits now, 4.5" radius arms in the front short arms in the rear, stock axles open front/rear LSD that only likes to work when it feels like it but have an 8.8 with brackets tacked on, 4.56s and an aussie locker waiting to go under it. Still need to gather cash to find a matching front axle though. My college budget has been getting worse and worse.
182643_10150096995997615_674952614_6419888_5585903_n.jpg

Have tons of plans for it but limited time and funds, working on improving my fab/welding skills too.

I saw that thing at gulches a few weeks ago i believe. I REALLY like that zj. Those 5.9's are sweet and a have a ton of power. They look good too.

sweet zj.. are you on MallCrawlin' forum? i saw those guys Windrock last year.. There were some serious zj's in the bunch.. One of them was that guy that hosts that 4x4 show on tv.

5.9's were tested on petersens offroad and they said they were able to light up the tires at full throttle.

sweet zj.. are you on MallCrawlin' forum? i saw those guys Windrock last year.. There were some serious zj's in the bunch.. One of them was that guy that hosts that 4x4 show on tv.

5.9's were tested on petersens offroad and they said they were able to light up the tires at full throttle.
Yep been on mallcrawlin just about as long as Ive owned my Jeep. We missed the windrock trip this year but we went to the one last year. We managed to go to Harlan for one of the Grand Slam events too and wheeled with Ryan from trucks. If you watch the pay off episode for the budget cherokee youll see a little bit of footage of us sitting around lower rock garden and then Casey in his ZJ running the garden.

But yeah I can still light up the 33s with stock gears like its nothing. I swapped a 231 w/ sye in and got rid of the full time 4wd so that helps a little bit.

I saw that thing at gulches a few weeks ago i believe. I REALLY like that zj. Those 5.9's are sweet and a have a ton of power. They look good too.
Yep we were there for the Save the Gulches ride. Had a lot of fun, actually got to run a decent amount of trails too which surprised me.

Yeah that 249 is crap.. did you do the split case deal? or just a 231 swap?
I swapped out the whole case. Found one out of a similiar year XJ that had the same input shaft length as mine.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It always amazes me what that thing will do, and it looks good and is comfy at the same time :smile:.

Harlan last December Ronnie stuck with the two rigs on 40's to get to the top (Chad had to pull me once) and last fall at Uwharrie he made Kodak look easy after I backed down.... Embarassing :grin:

PC130348.jpg