Rubicon Case Question

Do you guys know if there are certain model TJ Rubicon cases that would work better for a swap into my 98 TJ? Or will any TJ ones be the same? I have an AX-15. Thx

i'm pretty sure any of them will. cause all rubicons were 4.0's, so they all were equipped with a transmission with a 23 spline output shaft, so all the 241s would have a 23 spline input shaft. and your ax15 has a 23 spline output.

Only thing that will be different from your 98 is the speedo sensor and i believe the plug might be different, but im not 100% sure as last TJ rubicon tcase i messed with was quite a few years back. otherwise it will bolt up just fine. As already mentioned, considering the price that some folks want for their 241OR, unless you find a killer deal save your cash and go with a used atlas or flipped d300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a couple for less than 1K. That's why I excinated the Atlas idea. And the fact that I imagine I would have to modify skid plate, shifters, driveshafts, etc. I'm just looking at some options and repairing my 231 is not one of them. I have very little time to work on my junk and its even going to be a battle just to make Oscar so I need to get a plan and start looking and saving. If I could get a Rubicon for 1K and it bolts right up, it just seems right for me. Hell my 231 has held up for years and its still not broke so I would imagine that the 241 will. Any other ideas on a budget. Hell I will trade this 76 CJ-5 straight up for a rubicon case with SYE. I have several other issues that I need to fix before oscar as well so Atlas is out. Thx for all the info fellas, any more would be greatly appreciated.

My only gripe with atlas is I would want a 3 speed, 1:1, something in the 2's for cruising Inbetween obstacles and not so crawling trails, and a crawl gear of 4:1 or higher. Atlas only has a 2spd and 4spd, how big a 4spd is would make it less desirable to me as well as I don't think you'd need 3 different low ranges in a manual transmission rig, would probably be worth it in an auto though.

Could always run a klune and atlas 2spd and beat on it without worry, would be rather $$$ tho unless buying used.

I'm pretty sure the TJ 241 has a yoke.

A 4 speed atlas is pretty much the same size as 2spd/klune set up. The 4 speed is just a 2 speed in the rear with an underdrive set up similar to the klune.

Here's a shot of a stock TJ 241OR. Shows the speed sensor for that triangle looking, 3 point, speedo gear and that massive balancer on the rear output and the stock flange.

F6C4082A-9E1C-4D01-973F-B1B4192BF134-13746-00000E45C65CE6B3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot the rear was the flange. The front yoke is 1330? Jbconversions offers the shorter cv yokes if you already had drive shafts that were 1310.

Its funny how almost all of these cases look to say "BAD" on them but really say "13AD". I didn't know this until I saw "bad" on every one I looked at and started to wonder. Some pecker weed on ebay just ended an auction early that I was all clear to sniper bid on! Damnit!

I hate ebay. With a passion. But, there are some decent deals on there. I am gonna calll LKQ for ya in the A.M. It's a long shot because they will prob. want a TON for a core, but it's worth a shot.

Yeah I can't tell you how many times I lost bids on my fuel cell till I got it for a good price. But it did save me money. And I did get my 8.8 Yukon gears for 100 bucks!