smkymtns

Hi, my name is Patrick and I currently drive an RV on 40s. :grin: You may have seen me cruising around the upstate.

But, the mog does like to play on the rocks too. :shaking:

1962 Unimog 404
82HP
12 gears in forward, 4 in reverse (hey it was in the French army originally)
348:1 crawl ratio and not much faster in top gear

Baby picture - just after I got done restoring the mog.

But stay tuned, I have big plans for the mog this year.

You talking about Expedition Portal? Yep, I am on there. The first two pics with the tent on the mog were at a recent ExPo trip. When I bought the mog back in 2000 I planned on making it a great wheelin and camping rig. I have spent more time wheeling than camping but I am finally getting back to making a nice exploration vehicle out of it again. It doesn't get me there fast, but it gets me there.

Awesome, looks tough. I've got a soft spot for 404's, i've wanted a 404.4 to make a radio box camp setup for awhile now.
Hmmmmm, there was a radio box available in Athens recently. That would make a sweet camper but I think I would keep hitting my head in the box. I want a hard cab with a hatch so my passenger can really ride shotgun.

there was a 60s or 70s vintage diesel mog that popped up on Craigslist down in Naples Fl for something like 6 grand. Wish I had the money/time for one, they are purty cool. Especially the hatch thing.

--Justin

Well lookey who showed up! :grinpimp:

Glad to see you of OffroadSC! Hope your having fun at the HAM fest today.
Yep, I'm here. You missed a pretty big hamfest. I bought a bunch of odd **** and Tim bought one these new chinese radios. Looks like a pretty nice handheld radio for $110. I see I have even you calling it the Plastic Pig now. Maybe I should trademark that.:grinpimp: