PRP Daily Drivers in a 97 Wrangler

I had always said I would never put racing seats in my jeep because I daily drove it and hated getting in and out of many of the seats my buddies had in their jeeps. Don’t get me wrong, they are great on the trail, but I wear a suit to work sometimes and don’t want to fuss with getting myself into a full blown suspension seat on the way to work.
Well, a few years ago, PRP came out with their Daily Driver version of their popular suspension seat, it featured lower side bolsters to help with getting into and out of the vehicle. Even after seeing them and reading about them, I still swore I would never get a seat that I couldn’t fold and tumble to have easy access for backseat passengers. Well, times they are a changing.

from PRP's Website:

This is our newest seat. The perfect PRP seat for Trucks, Jeeps or any wheelable
machine. The Daily Driver is 33” tall and 22” wide, we lowered the sides of the
seat to make it easy to slide in and out of. PRP also bent the headrest forward to
provide more head support and allow a few more inches of clearance in standard cab trucks.
A few months ago I won a Gift Certificate towards the purchase of some PRP seats from Method Motorsports in California. I had been trying to decide what to do about my ripped and torn stock seats for a while. The foam had degraded over time and I was sitting on metal frame which is not a good feeling when bouncing around offroad. So I decided to pick up a pair of the PRP Daily Drivers to fix my worn out seat problem.

PRP makes each seat to order, so your seats are custom to you down to the stitching type. I ordered my Daily Drivers in the standard size with Double Stitching and Cordura Material. I avoided the piping as I had seen it fail in the past on other seats and I want these to last forever. I chose the Cordura Material for the same reason, vinyl would have been easier to clean, but I’m hoping for a long life out of the Cordura with no cracks like my stock jeep seats had.

Less than two weeks from the time I ordered them, there was a big box waiting for me on my front porch. Here are a few pictures from the install.

NOTE: It was overcast and rainy the morning I did the install and the seats truly look green in the pictures, after having them in the jeep in the sun and other lighting and calling PRP to confirm, they are indeed Dark Grey, but the Cordura material they use has a green tint when in certain lighting situations.

Picture+002.jpg
They arrived in a box much smaller than I anticipated, They had them packed together like shoes.

Picture+004.jpg
My first look when I opened the box and unbagged them. I promptly proceeded to sit down and have a test fit.

Picture+007.jpg
Here you can see the Cordura material up close as well as the double stitching option that I chose. This also shows the true color of the grey material.

Picture+013.jpg
This is the picture I sent to PRP to ask them if I got the correct color haha. You can see the low side bolsters which still hold you in quite nicely.

Picture+015.jpg
Here is a view of the bottom of the seat. These seats are hand assembled and it shows. The attention to detail is something worth noting. From this view you can see the optional slot for the sub belt, I chose to leave out the slots for 5 points on these seats covers.​

Last edited:
Picture+025.jpg
here is a view of my old seats...they had seen better days and had lost much of their support.

Picture+027.jpg
When I began the install I soon learned that having my underseat locker was going to make it a bit more... involved. It turns out it wasnt so bad, and I was able to get the seat out in about 20 minutes.

Picture+033.jpg
Got the old seat out and ready to clean up the sliders, lube them up, and mount the seat brackets.

Picture+038.jpg
Here is a comparison shot of the old stock seat vs. the new PRP Daily Driver.

Picture+042.jpg
I consider myself a pretty handy fabricator, but I sprung for the mounting brackets from PRP to make this install a bolt in affair. Am I getting lazy in my old age?

Picture+046.jpg
the seat brackets fit flawlessly with the addition of a washer to the seat belt bracket and one on each of the rear studs.

Picture+047.jpg
After attaching the new brackets loosely bolted in the seat to test position. I ended up adding another washer to the back two mounts to give it a bit more upright position.

Picture+048.jpg
With the new seat brackets and seats bolted in. You cant really even tell I added washers to the back. The part at the front that looks like a washer is actually the seat mount.

Last edited:
Picture+050.jpg
After completing the drivers side I decided to snag a picture. In this picture they really do look green.

Picture+051.jpg
The passenger side seat frame is a little more interactive because it had the fold and tumble feature. In order to mount the new seat brackets you have to remove the swivel mount from the seat frame. This was as simple as drilling out one rivet and removing the torx bolt.

Picture+052.jpg
Here is the frame after the swivel was removed

Picture+057.jpg
The rest of the install was just like the drivers side. After installing the seat I slid it forward to check how bad it was going to be getting into the back. I didnt try getting in, but it looks like there will be ample room if it needs to happen.

photo.jpg
finished product with both seats installed.​

Last edited:
I'll let you know how they feel after this weekend. We will be on a 5 day wheeling trip to Coal Creek OHV in TN. It will be nice see how they do. I'll update later.

Wish you would have told me I have those brackets you could have copied and saved a few dollars.

The color I ordered and what showed up looked a lot different I thought. More of a coffee or caramel then a tan. They look good though. How are you liking them?

Wish you would have told me I have those brackets you could have copied and saved a few dollars.

The color I ordered and what showed up looked a lot different I thought. More of a coffee or caramel then a tan. They look good though. How are you liking them?
it was worth it to get the brackets, they simplify the whole ordeal and they arent that expensive compared to the Corbeau brackets.

Well, after having the seats for one trip, I will say that they are surprisingly comfortable. I would say they got broken in pretty good. Unfortunately my skinny little passenger didnt cover the seat very well when the mud started flying coming up schoolbus in the rain.

2012-09-02_17-53-15_664.jpg

I was able to hose them out Monday and let them dry yesterday and now they are good as new, although still a bit green...?

Last edited:
Had them in for about a month, and have taken two long trips in them. I really enjoy them. They are much firmer than my stock seats but I have found that my back doesn't hurt after long drives anymore. They have much more support. If I were to change anything I would make them 1" wider just to give me a little more wiggle room.

2ndanniversary 00311.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you like them, I think they are a great compromise. Do you miss being able to recline at all?
I'll be honest and Say I very Rarely Reclined my drivers seat ever, and Andrea slept in the passenger seat on the way to Wilmington, so I'm guessing its ok without reclining, also probably safer.

As what Steve said, glad you like them, but the real question is, what does Andrea think of them compared to stock?
Andrea likes them, she still has some wiggle room in them, so they are probably more comfortable for her than me.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I like them, but comparing them to your stock seats isn't really fair to stock seats. They were pretty well gone.

I like them, but comparing them to your stock seats isn't really fair to stock seats. They were pretty well gone.
my passenger seat was still in great shape, and she likes that these hold her in much better than the stock seats. The drivers seat on the other hand was well worn and abused.