Warranty Discussion

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I have the Warn Hub Conversion on my Dana 30. The manual locking hubs on the axle are the weak link and I have managed to pop 4 so far (I think I may have fixed the cause, but that's another discussion). I went and bought a set of Mile Marker hubs from Advance Auto. They came with a 1 year warranty. I took those in for replacement early this year and the guy at the store said that the 1 year warranty started over with the new set. Today, I took those in for replacement and this time the guy at the counter said that the year didn't start over and on top of that it is 1 year, 1 time replacement (so he was trying to not replace them this time at all). Since the guy before mislead me, I got them to do it under warranty this time too. But I am pretty sure that is the last set I will get from them under this original purchase.

My questions for discussion are: Is this normal? Was he right? And also, the Warn versions of these hubs are supposed to be Lifetime warranty. Is there a limit on the times you can use that warranty too?

Also, I figure I'll open this up to similar that people have ran into dealing with warranty.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Do you have the original box and waranty info? When I had my Mile Marker's replaced I dealt directly with the company, not a parts store.

I don't remember being asked any questions on the replacement of the Warns.

01tj

I know Yukon Gear offers a 10 year warrenty on their axle shafts, but there is a limit to how many times you can get them warrenty them. I think the first time is free, then the next times you have to pay shipping or somthing. RCV told me that they offer a no questions asked lifetime warrenty on their parts. Sometimes I think there should be a limit on that because Jordan Tanner and that whole crew go blow them up and wont think twice about it. I had Oriellys warrenty out a set of Warn standard hubs one time for the 44. When I stopped by there the next day to pick up the new set there was a box of Warn Premiums with my name on them. I think I just lucked out on that one.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Do you have the original box and waranty info? When I had my Mile Marker's replaced I dealt directly with the company, not a parts store.

I don't remember being asked any questions on the replacement of the Warns.
I "had" the original box when I took the original set back. But that box and receipt went with the original set. Now I have the new original box for the second set ... well, I did until today. Now I get a new one. But the receipts say "1 YEAR REPLACEMENT IF DEFECTIVE" and has the date of purchase. The original set was purchased 9/2/11 so I'm still within the original 1 year. If I wasn't, even though the other guy said the 1 year starts over when you replace them, I don't think he would have done it today. No matter what, I think that's the last set I'm going to get under that warranty.

01tj

I "had" the original box when I took the original set back. But that box and receipt went with the original set. Now I have the new original box for the second set ... well, I did until today. Now I get a new one. But the receipts say "1 YEAR REPLACEMENT IF DEFECTIVE" and has the date of purchase. The original set was purchased 9/2/11 so I'm still within the original 1 year. If I wasn't, even though the other guy said the 1 year starts over when you replace them, I don't think he would have done it today. No matter what, I think that's the last set I'm going to get under that warranty.
Didnt you get some better Warns or somthing?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
So the receipt you have now has the original purchase date? If you had to do it again, I would contact Mile Marker directly. It's been a long time since they replaced mine, but I don't remember sending them any proof.

Fawk advanced. I killed an optima every year or two and they told me the warranty was from the first purchase not the replacements. However when I hooked it up to a proper trickle charge it did take a charge.[SUP][/SUP]

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Another interesting development. I went to Advance today to pick up my Mile Marker hubs (that they had sent from another store) and when they go and pull them from the shelf .... they are Warn hubs. Nice. They obviously aren't the Conversion Kit hubs but nice none the less. So FYI, Advanced went back to carrying Warn over Mile Marker again.