Gun storage

I need a gun safe. The wife and I are listing our house for sale in the next year or so and I want everything locked up tight if people I don't know are walking through the house when I'm not there.

At some point I am going to get a fire proof safe for guns and valuables but that will be too heavy to deal with in the short term - so - I'm thinking of something lighter (which is cheaper) but not fire proof.

Maybe something like this even though I thought I remembered them being cheaper. Maybe I can find one on sale.

Whatch'all think?

My dad got one on Craigslis/Carolina Trader about 10 years ago, its huge, but I remember we went to look at a few. May want to check Craigslist and see if there is anything that would fit your needs.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
That's a big *** safe. The picture makes it look smaller but that thing is huge. The price is actually pretty good for cabela. They are expensive. LBarr hit it right on, what are you trying to lock up. Do you have the need for a 16 gun safe? If so, look at another brand. Cabela's are high end. But if you want one that will last and look good doing it, that's what you gotta pay. Good luck.

Homack makes a double cabinet with double cylinder locks and it's only a few hundred bucks. Great for short term.
I ended up using a steel door on the walk in closet and a century fire safe. If I can ever afford a brick house I'll be building a safe room.