MTB'ers i need yo help

I broke my rear derailler on the rear of my Jamis komodo a year ago and instead of fixing it i took it all off and made a single speed while retaining the rear cog, good idea in theory but not so much.

What kind of derailler would yall suggest for a 9speed? May even replace the entire shifter back for the rear although the cog is new.

I need to replace the front lever on my hayes nine as i messed up the lever and it keeps getting messed up. The shaft keeps getting pulled on the piston like part of the lever. Stick with the nine or upgrade?

I'd also like to eventually replace my front manitou stance 150mm shock with something less sucky. Any suggestions?

I dont know **** really about mtn bikes so....me and jim are trying to train for next years tour de france and show them foreigners what the fawk is up.

how much do you want to spend on the rear der? you can pick a new one up on Pricepoint, or jensonusa for under $50 The more you spend the better the product basically.

I would buy some used Hayes nines on ebay and just replace what you need to, I picked up a front and rear brake set for around $120 last year to replace a busted lever on my brother's bike.

is the fork leaking at the seals? if not what is it that you dont like about it, what would you like it to do better.

For the rear derailluer, you need to stick to the brand that you have for your shifters (from what I've been told). If you have Scram, the X7 is good but the X9 brings all kinds of awesome. Same with Shimano. The LX will hold the fort down but the XT is mighty fine.

All other parts are pretty much interchangeable. I've got pretty much all Scram crap except for shifters and rear derailluer.

Hayes 9 are solid and work great, but the Avid Juicy series (specifically the #7) is SUPER smooth. I mean, holy smokes. Its pretty much super sexy and works great. Also if you don't have 8" discs in the front, upgrade. SERIOUS stopping power.

Thanks I'll have to look that up. I took off everything as far as gears were concerned to shed weight so I'll have to figure out what shifters and all I have.

I had always liked the brakes I have just keep on messing up the levers, 2nd one I've torn up. I remember seeing the juicy and thought they looked badass. I will price some out and see but I know I can pick up a pair of nines for about $50 used.

What kind of shock should I look into for a hard tail? I like to thrash on it but do a lot of single track type stuff with it mainly. Current shock is a piece I think Beaty blew his up at pisgah after first trail or something. I live minutes away from Paris mtn so plan to hit that up frequently.

I've got an old Schwinn varsity that was my dads in college im trying to turn into a cheap fixie to fit in with all the hipsters in the Greenville area. Jim's is on order.

I got a fork ill sell you. Rock Shox Psylo U-Turn 90-120mm i think. Its a good fork, great for an all around bike. The only changed out because it wasn't big enough for the riding I was doing at the time.