Limit Straps, where to get them and how to mount them.

I plan to add a single rear limit strap to my TJ and one on each coilover to avoid driveshaft bind both front and rear. I was thinking about mounting them to the coilover bolts in the front, but I'm not thinking I may add new tabs, which would allow me some wiggle room with lengths.

In the rear I'm going to go from the crossmember to the center of the truss.

Anyone have any suggestions on mounting or where to get them?

The cheapest place I have found them is from Billybob on Pirate:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=855647&highlight=limit+straps

$29 per pair up to 20".

Ruff stuffs prices are good considering they come with tabs. Also checkout appletree automotive. They sell pairs for a $20.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

did find with the discount code BDAY you can get the ruffstuff straps and brackets shipped for $53.... hmmm, but its only 35 for the vendor on pirate...and I can just make some tabs...

Its been a while since i have been on there so i guess they have gone up. The last time looked was back in march when we were trying to get matts buggy done. The brackets from ruff stuff were well worth the extra money and not having to make some in the little time we had and buy bolts too. I will say the appletrees are not as nice as the ruff stuff straps. So congratulations you found a better deal...give yourself a cookie and a pat on the back.

What length do you need. I have a set of 16" or 18" here at the house that i that i took off my truck when i changed coilovers and lowered my truck. They are ruff stuff straps.

Its been a while since i have been on there so i guess they have gone up. The last time looked was back in march when we were trying to get matts buggy done. The brackets from ruff stuff were well worth the extra money and not having to make some in the little time we had and buy bolts too. I will say the appletrees are not as nice as the ruff stuff straps. So congratulations you found a better deal...give yourself a cookie and a pat on the back.

What length do you need. I have a set of 16" or 18" here at the house that i that i took off my truck when i changed coilovers and lowered my truck. They are ruff stuff straps.

well, that leads me to my next question, I was thinking about running them from bolt to bolt on the coilover, and I havent measured yet, but I think it would need to be around 30" long for my 14" coilovers. I'd like to run about an inch less droop than I currently am because my front driveshaft doesnt like it. I have now been thinking I'm going to just run them from the frame to axle, and then I could run a much shorter strap. Shoot me a pm on how much you want for those straps.

I personally would not run them that long if you have a place to mounts them elsewhere. Lot of strap would be flapping around and possibly tangle in something, jmo.I will measure those when straps when i get home.

I personally would not run them that long if you have a place to mounts them elsewhere. Lot of strap would be flapping around and possibly tangle in something, jmo.I will measure those when straps when i get home.

Good point, I had seen many people do it like that, and I thought it was the preferred way, but I think I'll go with shorter ones from the frame.

I have personally not seen many from end to end. I would think it would be harder to measure correctly that way since the slack around the coil springs and what not. I have ran mine from frame to axle on all of my stuff.

I have personally not seen many from end to end. I would think it would be harder to measure correctly that way since the slack around the coil springs and what not. I have ran mine from frame to axle on all of my stuff.
I plan to do it like that now. Thanks guys. I'm going to try to measure it tonight.

I run run 14" PRP straps, that I got from genright, in the front and 20" straps in the back that I got from Chase at ECGS, which I'm 99.9% sure are from ruff stuff. The ruff stuff brackets are nice as they are double shear that is formed from one piece of steel. Currently on the front I'm just running some single shear tabs that I think I bought in bulk from ballistic a year or more ago. I also picked up a set of the adjustable poly mounts that JR was taking about. They are pretty dang beefy grade 8 fastener and DOM weld on tube mount, adjustable, double shear, and allow for running double straps if you need to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spent some time under the jeep today trying to figure out where to mount these bad boys. The place I had measured from will be right near the new bumpstops and I'm afraid they will get pinched at full bump. the behind the axle steering gives me a very narrow window to work in.

My driveshaft is binding at full droop on the drivers side, thats why i,m adding them. Ill see if i can get some pics when i get back to the house