Firearms

I haven't been to the range in awhile. I used to go every other month and was quite proficient with my G27 and AR. I picked up a Ruger LCP awhile back and while it's not nearly as fun to shoot it's one more toy in the pile.

I wish people hadn't screwed it up for every one at 33. That back corner is a natural range. I'm trying to find a good place to shoot. I'm to cheap to pay range fees. I got to many toys to haul into a range anyways.
You like the LCP? I have had mine a little over a year now. It's a great CC pocket pistol. Mine is amazing accurate for a .380. Like you say, not fun to shoot, but a great CC.
I got a few rifles and a hand full of pistols I plink with. Mini14 LE Tactical, MKII M77 LE Tactical Sniper, 1022K with Fajen Thumbhole, LCP, Glock 23, 870 Wingmaster LE.
I'm about to shell out for a .338 Lapua, and possibly a Jackson Custom .308 if the price is right.

we still shoot every other weekend if anyone wants to get a group together anytime. we have a large field and small range near the 4x4 shop. anything from pistols to ak's and ar's. i got a new mp5 i have been playing with.

FOR ALL YOUR JEEP AND 4X4 NEEDS- PERFORMANCE 4X4 803-466-4207

Last edited:
there is a few up in sumter national forest, i usually go up to Indian creek near whitmire its free and the forestry deparmentusually keeps it pretty clean

Jeff, We cant shoot at 33 anymore? I thoguht we could still. I was hve been looknig to setup a range there also.

I have been shooting at least one a week lately at the indoor range downtown Columbia. We call it blackpowder wednesdays :) It is a great stress reliever and a good way to have lunch :)

shot 22s today actually. love my p95 but im runnin outta cheap ammo and 30-06 sucks off a bench
and as for ranges we just shoot into the haybales in the barn :thumbsup:
but i go check that stuff out in whitmire its on my way back to school

Yeah, Tim put a stop to it after some retard was shooting back towards the entrance.
When did this happen? I was up there 2-3 weeks ago...and of course some jacknuts were shooting in the wrong area. Tim stopped them. Tim told me and Miller that we could shoot but he had an area set aside for it that was away from everything else.

That's been something that Tim has yet to give a firm answer on. He has been 50/50 so far. He told me yes, but several others no. Then told my nephew no one could shoot out there, but hunt club members. We need to get a definite answer from him. I have not had the chance to go back by and clarify it with him, so ......
He told me to shoot from the 55gal drum at the wall, or to the right.

I gotta get him some money for my membership, I'll ask then.

not with the lcp but between me and my dad we own 3 rugers currently and we used to have a mini14 and another P95. all of our rugers have been great guns and im even considering buying a new scout rifle from them.

That has to be the best pocket pistol in years. I have had mine for a while now. It's great. I have several I can use as CC but the LCP is my favorite. It actually shoots straight at 20yds+ and that's more than can be said about any other pocket pistol I have ever seen.

That has to be the best pocket pistol in years. I have had mine for a while now. It's great. I have several I can use as CC but the LCP is my favorite. It actually shoots straight at 20yds+ and that's more than can be said about any other pocket pistol I have ever seen.
thats good to hear, I plan to pick one up in the next two weeks.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I've heard nothing but good things about the lcp. The S&W bodyguard is also a good little 380. The diamondback is decent but not as good as the other two.

Trip has had the taurus (tcp maybe?) the diamondback, and bodygaurd, and he loves the bodygaurd. The taurus was junk.

If you haven't shot one already I'd make sure you do before buying. And make sure the pocket 380 is really what you want. If you want something you can go to the range and shoot a lot, none of these will be it. Get a baby glock or xd ;)

I looked at the bodyguard and like it and its a similar size. I'm mainly getting this to keep on hand when we are out away from civilization. I will shoot it a few times a year but not like take it to the range shooting for fun.