2 Day paddle down the Edisto

We put in below Walterboro at a little backwoods boat ramp. Me in my Old Town 14'7 Guide and my buddy in his Old Town Diringo tandem. We bit off alittle more than we bargained for, we thought in a river we could cover ground pretty quick. When it got narrow and shallow we scooted along nice, when it opened up wide and deep (get your mind out the gutter) things slowed down to a snails pace. We're guessing around 25-26 miles. Looks like we cover 10 on the first day and 15-16 on the second. We had to just put our heads down and paddle on day 2 to reach the truck before dark. We still stopped here and there and snorkeled for sharks teeth and tried to enjoy the river alittle bit.
9fd312a3.jpg
e928e578.jpg
3c675ebf.jpg
afbae86d.jpg
574d8c43.jpg
fb9b64de.jpg

thats badass, how hard is it to find those sharks teeth? I have never tried that before. Looks like a fun trip, I'm thinking the rain kept it a bit cooler than if it was just blazing sun.

Not hard at all, just have to look for little pockets of rocks in the sand. Put on a mask and look around. If the river wasn't so low you couldn't do it without scuba gear.