Wheelin the Lexus

Jeannie and I went to Hot Springs for our tenth anniversary. We rented a house in Trust about 15 mi from Hot Springs. The house was on 200 acres and the driveway was about like a easy trail. With a little rain it would have been a challenge for a stock rig. Here are a few pictures.
P6300149.jpg
P6300151.jpg
P6290141.jpg
P6290142.jpg
P6280136.jpg
P6280131.jpg

If I were to build a new-to-me non-rock crawler rig, it would be one of these. I'm starting to see these rigs pop up, with many built. It is pretty cool that you can call up ARB and get them to send you Toyota Prado equipment (same body and underpinnings as the GX470) to pimp these trucks out.

I mean, crap tons of power stock, solid drive train, 5 speed auto trans, traction control (not lockers, but better than open diff), low range, roughly the same exterior dimensions of the FJ80, better MPG than any rover I've ever seen, probably fairly reliable, and then you've got all the comforts of the Lexus (preferred by the womenfolk over...say...the interior of an ex-army rover). It gets hard to beat both on and off road.