Hating to do it.....but Rubi-Smash is up for sale!

Here is the link to the ebay auction, but I'd much rather sell my baby locally.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160860102148#ht_1823wt_1167 UPDATED AUCTION!!!!

LOWERED BUY-it-NOW or Make offers!!!!!

For those who don't want to go to ebay......heres the cut and pasted description...... but for pictures its best to go to eBay or message me.

Buy-it-Now price is set at 16,000 (lowered from 19000!!!!).........it can be seen and driven in person in Sumter SC....just PM me and we'll set it up.

MEET RUBI-SMASH

Most Jeep enthusiasts as some point in their life find themselves in the position I’m in right now…….having to sell their beloved Jeep. You’ve heard the story before, and mine isn’t much different……I’m in the military and bought the Jeep while on my last deployment. Got home……now we’re having a baby…..and Jeep + baby + 2 Siberian Husky’s just doesn’t work right now!!!!!

This Jeep, known as Rubi-Smash, is a definite head turner, but its not built for looks. Davey’s Offroad in Texas did the bulk of the suspension and axle work, and I did all of the Poison Spyder armor and beadlocks. Any of you who have wheeled with me know this Jeep is about as perfect as it comes when you want to balance a vehicle you can drive 80mph 6 hours down the road, wheel for the weekend on some of the most aggressive terrain around, and then drive back home with no issues. This Jeep flexes like a truggy……it won the articulation competion (in the pictures) at the OffroadSC.com Spring Festival. It breaks my heart (and my bank) to let her go now, but once the kid is grown I’ll be building another one!! So, here are her vitals……

This is how I bought her in August of last year out of Texas (so NO RUST!!!!)

2002 Wrangler Sahara with 53212 original miles and original full hard doors

Rubicon Express 5.5 Long arm lift

Fox Shocks all around……Remote resevoirs in the front

Dana 44 rear axle, Dana 30 up front with Chromoly shafts in both

4.88 gears with ARB lockers front AND rear

35x12.50x15 BFG KM2 Mud Terrains with less than 10K on them

OR-Fab front roll-cage add-on for stock cage

Big Dog Offroad rock sliders

Custom skidplates all down the underside with a tummy-tuck kit

High Steer kit

Custom Twisted Stitch competition seats front and rear with 4pt harnesses

Poweraid Throttle Body spacer

JET control module

AFE Cold Air Intake

Wicked sounding cat-back exhaust system (not sure what brand)

Polk Audio soundbar and front speakers

Alpine MP3/iPod/Pandora head unit (I actually replaced the one that was in it in
March with a newer version of the same Alpine)

Hoodmount High-Lift Jack

4 KC HiLites

I bought the Jeep in August of last year but didn’t get back from my year deplyment until march of this year, and since then it has gotten……

Over $3000 in Poison Spyder armor
-Front DeFender series flat fenders with 3” flares (about stock size)
-LED turn signals in front fenders
-Brawler front bumper with Trail Stinger (medium size)
-Rear DeFenders with 3” flare and 4” LED taillights
-Hawse fairlead light mount

Smittybilt XRC10 winch with synthetic line

Bestop Trektop NX to replace old top, also got the soft doors to match. I had the rear window modified with zippers on the top and sides to give it a little extra room for the custom roll cage I had planned.

Custom built HEAVY DUTY rear bumper/tire carrier that will hold up to a 37” tire
and is canted to keep the “fast-back” look. Also has a standard trailer hitch receiver built in with 2 d-ring mounts.

Rubicon NP241 Transfer Case conversion……went from the 2.73:1 ratio of the NP231 to the 4:1 ratio of the Rubicon NP241 (out of a 2004 Wrangler with 65K on it). In doing so we had to put a 2” bodylift on to allow for the extra size of the 241. At the same time had custom heavy duty driveshafts build by the great guys up at Carolina Driveline in Spartanburg SC. They did the conversion/install/driveshafts all at the same time so everything was built to work together!

Brand new Poison Spyder “SpyderLock” beadlocks (from www.spyderlockwheels.com). I literally bought these a little over a month ago and only got to wheel with them once before we made the decision to sell. Wheeled with 4PSI all day at Choccolocco Mtn Alabama with no issues…….aired back up and drove 6 hours home!

I’m sure there are some things I’m forgetting, but the pictures speak for themselves. This jeep truly skirts the fine line between a trail-only rig and a daily driver……you couldn’t have a much better setup to do both. Please feel free to email or call with any questions, send me a message and I’ll get you my contact info. Jeep is for sale locally in Sumter SC and I reserve the right to end the auction early at my discretion.

BONUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have some other accessories that will go with the Jeep if Buy-it-now is used. Or for an additional amount on an as requested basis.

4ea black 15x10 steel wheels

Roof rack by SafariRack. As of now it can’t be mounted because I didn’t put the hardware back on after the install of the Poison Spyder armor, but you could easily put it on if you wanted to.

10lb CO2 tank with mounting bracket, air hose, and chuck with built in PSI gauge

Last edited:
Sorry I've been away for a little bit. Thanks XJ, I had a great time at Choccolocco as well......minus the CRAZY PAINFUL throat pain I was having!!

I still have the jeep and I REALLY need to get some action on it, we've got a baby due in a couple months and I need to pay some stuff off and finish the baby's room!!

So, ladies and gents, please pass the word and advertise where you can, help a brother out!!!! Its a great Jeep and will make somebody a great rock crawler.....and with the reduction to a buy-it-now of $16000, its a steal!!

THANKS!!!!!!