waterholes in the southeast

I'm trying to get wet somewhere next weekend with some folks to celebrate the freedom of our country and being white. Looking at either going tubing or just swimming somewhere cool. Not looking for a lake really, more of a river or creek type deal.

I've heard of people going tubing in Helen, Ga but from i understand they have a new rule of no alcohol which kinda kills it for me. I looked into this place thats in Duluth, ga (www.gorivertubing.com) that looks to be a pretty nice place. I've heard sliding rock was a fun place but i haven't been in a long while to remember. MCJ guys went to Wilson Creek? which looked to be an cool place but i'm not sure where it is.

Anyone got any suggestions of any good places to get wet and have a good time?

http://www.swimmingholes.org/nc.html#CASHIERS AREA

I will be in the Franklin, NC area that weekend so closer to there would be great, but any cool places around are good to hear about for future reference.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ya I saw the deep creek and it seems to be a good spot to hit. Seems most places around have prohibited alcohol now from my research.

You ever taken your own tube to do so? Renting prices aren't bad but figure you could go to a tire shop and scoop an old tractor tube.

01tj

M&M Tire sells the tractor tubes for 5 bucks. We used to buy them and float from the Ware Shoals Park to the Bridge on 25.